Griffin Tal

"We are either tools, or weapons."

Moderator: Snag

Griffin Tal

Postby wunderworks » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:50 am

Griffin Tal
Family Name: Tal (The Victorious Warrior)
Public Name: Griffin (Great Leader) - Invoke to gain 1 die when others stand by his side.
Secret Name: Beheleth (Bound to Greatness) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beleth

Title: Baron Havik, Lord of Karak and Acre, The Silver Fang

Family
Mother - Baroness Shanya Thayl of the Elk (submissive) - living
Father - Marquis Soan Tal of the Wolf (dominant) - deceased
Griffith was second born
Marquise Jorja Drew - older sister - owns father's lands

The Tal - The Victorious Warrior
Invoke: Gain 2 dice when in direct physical conflict
Compel: The victorious warrior wins first than goes to war. Gain a style point when you back down from a fight.

Married to Baroness Karlota (Royal Destiny) Thayl
No Children

Virtues
Strength: W Cunning: 2 Courage: 3 Beauty: 3 Wisdom: 2 Prowess: 5

Aspects (1 BP)
The Silver Fang
Griffin is feared by others because he is a master swordsman, a brilliant leader, and loved by his people. He is known in many places as the leader of the Band of the Silver Crescent. Beware crossing him, for few have escape his wrath.
Invoke: Gain 3 bonus dice when attempting to influence others.
Tag: Tag for 2 bonus dice to uncover my identity when I try to hide it from someone.
Compel: "I have a reputation to maintain." Gain a style point to maintain my ruthless fame.

Veteran Campaigner
Having spent many years on the campaign trail helping his father and his sister expand their holdings Griffin has turned from an effete young man into a capable warrior. Unfortunately, the soft edges have become rough and occasionally he will forget at the proper etiquette.
Invoke: Gain 3 bonus dice when making physical risks typical of a soldier.
Tag: Tag for 2 bonus dice when pointing out his flawed manners.
Compel: Gain a style point to use the rough language and manners of the campaign trail.

The Sava Senvu
The Sava Senvu, the swordsman who fights with the subtle hand. The left-handed warrior is feared by his opponents as he can slip through their every block and deal lightening quick death as he changes the angles of all blocks and attacks as easily as he switches the hand holding his weapon. No angles help though when facing an enemy with a ranged weapon. As a master swordsman it is dishonorable to destroy the defeated.
Invoke: Gain 3 bonus dice when fighting with the same hand as your opponent.
Tag: Tag for 2 bonus dice when fighting an enemy armed with a hand held ranged weapon (bow, gun, magic item).
Compel: Griffin gains a Style Point when he spares a defeated enemy.

Well Traveled
Griffin has spent so much time on the campaign trail that he knows a lot about different ven, their lands, and what is going on. You would to if you had fought across the length of Shanri. As busy as he is Griffin has little time to peruse ancient tomes of knowledge. That, however, does not make him incurious.
Invoke: Gain 3 bonus dice when attempting real-world based knowledge risks.
Tag: Tag for 2 bonus dice when attempting a risk about ancient or book knowledge.
Compel: Griffin gains a Style Point when compelled to pry into a current event.

Eyes of Sorrow
Griffin has grey eyes. Some say that those born with grey are born to mourn as they see things others do not see. They see the world as dark, cold, and as bitter while those with green eyes see the joy in the world, brown eyed ven are said to see the work, and blue eyed ven see knowledge that will benefit the world. The grey are doomed to see the awful truth.
Invoke: Gain 3 bonus dice when attempting to see the Feint within the Feint.
Tag: Tag for 2 bonus dice to show Griffin how evil the world really is.
Compel: Griffin gains a Style Point when compelled to assume the worst about a situation.

Enemy - TBD
Invoke: Gain 3 bonus dice when making any risks that will harm my enemy.
Tag: Tag for 2 bonus dice when trying to influence Griffin to ignore other matters and focus on his enemy.
Compel: Griffin gains a Style Point when he is compelled to focus on his enemy.

Contacts
1. TBD
2. TBD

Devotions (1 Bonus Point)
1. Shajar Sheeda The Lover's Blade - Devotion (3) - The Beauty of Violence, The Subtle Hand, Teeth and Claws
2. Beleth Ballan, The Hidden Elk - Devotion (1) - Elk Outwits the Wolf

Artifact (2 Bonus Points)
The Shadow Blade (2): A Swift and Subtle blade. Made of Orichalcum and said to have been been the blades used by the Senvu Shadow Guard of the Sorcerer Kings. Carried by each Senvu candidate into a dark ritual at the darkest point of the moon these golden Orichalcum blades became darker than night and imbued strange properties onto the owner of each blade. The soldiers would flicker into grey shadows of themselves and seemingly vanish only to reappear within their opponent's guard. Griffin can spend a style point to gain three points towards any strike bid. He can spend another style point to cancel three ranks from any injury as it is inflicted upon him.

Sorcery (1 BP)
Le Porte Sangre: Opens a portal to another place. Cost Rank 2 Injury per person that steps through. Each person that steps through may take this injury. The Magus must step through last, using his blood and a rank 3 injury to seal the doorway. If he doesn't all those who step through are sucked back through the gate taking another rank 2 injury and must make a Courage check or are lost in a dark place between. This is the rough, but you should recognize my inspiration.

Maneuvers
Injure (1)

Domain - Havik Barony
Karak Castle: Level 1 with a Shrine to Suaven Beleth Ballen - The Hidden Elk
Akre Village: Level 1 with a Shrine to Suaven Shajar Sheeda - The Lover's Blade
Regions:
Rabenblut Farms: Level 2 Farmlands
Failise de Krangiz Hills: Level 1 Hills

Vassals
Spouse: Baroness Karlota Thayl
Personal Guard (1): The Volka - Officers of the Silver Crescent
Army (1): The Band of the Silver Crescent
Staff (1): Karak Staff
Road men (1): Der Reiters
Spy Network (1): The Caravansari Guild

This is my rough out of my character. I will refine him more later. Yes, he is similar to Ramus Adrente in some ways. I wanted to make another fighter, but this time I wanted to make a straight up warrior. His motivations are very different, and hopefully his story will be as awesome and tragic as I imagine it will be.

P.S. What do you think of the Tal Family Aspect?
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Re: Griffin Tal

Postby Keith Fyans » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Some of your Invokes seem quite broad, esp 2the Silver Fang" - Given it's description here re some suggested Invokes:

- When acting immidiately against somebody offers you an open insult
- When calling upon the support of the general populace
- When using your cold rage to intimidate another
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby wunderworks » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:27 pm

Tsanuri wrote:Some of your Invokes seem quite broad, esp 2the Silver Fang" - Given it's description here re some suggested Invokes:

- When acting immidiately against somebody offers you an open insult
- When calling upon the support of the general populace
- When using your cold rage to intimidate another

Thank you, I agree. I put him up here because I wanted to see what people thought, but he's definitely a work in progress. I have these two great concepts and he's 95% one of them and I need to blend them more along a 50/50 line. ^_^

~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby wunderworks » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:38 pm

I like the Sea Wolf so much I'm sticking with him, but I am porting some of my concepts over to him from this guy - you all should see the changes soon.

~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Ashkelion-Yvarai » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:46 pm

wunderworks wrote:Devotions (1 Bonus Point)
1. Shajar Sheeda The Lover's Blade - Devotion (3) - The Beauty of Violence, The Subtle Hand, Teeth and Claws

Do you have write-ups for those two suaven? Especially interested in Shajar Sheeda.
"No rulebook has deserved the name 'rules bible' more than 'Houses of the Blooded'." (a friend about all the discussions, corrections and additions to the HotB rules on the forums and in our gaming group)
Ashkelion-Yvarai

Postby wunderworks » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:48 am

Ashkelion-Yvarai wrote:
wunderworks wrote:Devotions (1 Bonus Point)

Do you have write-ups for those two suaven? Especially interested in Shajar Sheeda.

Not yet. I've been kind of sidetracked these last two weeks with life. I'm planning on a long Suaven write-up of them and several other Suaven for the Shanri Research Institute and a write-up for the Tal family. ^_^

~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Return to Blooded of the Wolf