Alexai Adrente

"We are either tools, or weapons."

Moderator: Snag

Alexai Adrente

Postby Aravar » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:09 pm

Well, my turn now.
Let's try with my first character for HotB.

Father Family: Rolled 6 (Wolf)
Mother Family: Rolled 3 (Elk)

Looking for my options I decided to be under the shadow of the Wolf. But I wanted to fell my character closer to his land, trying to explore and conquer more domains for his house, a young and naive explorer with his head full of tales about old ruins full of magic and art and so on. I decided to move 1 step the mother's house, to Falcon. Father is the dominant.

Well, let's see siblings.
Rank: Rolled 5. Look like the poor man is the youngest...
Surviving siblings: Rolled 1. NO ONE! I rolled only for curiosity... and all was sisters. ¿Something tragic? I decided to move the dice 1 point to have 1 surviving sister. I decided I want her to be his twin sister. I wanted my character to have some kind of "love-hate" relationship with her.
Family Standing: Rolled 5 (Count) I decide to spent one point and move it to Marquis.
Married: Rolled 5, not yet.

Ok, lets choose Names.
Family Name: Adrente. I love the tale that no Adrente was ever been bitten by a wolf.
Public Name: Alexai "The hand and the sword". Without brave brothers to defend his father's lands, he was raised as a warrior. He was born with a sword in his hand.
Secret Name: Halia "The Hawk's white wing". He has the clear spot and keen eyes of the hawk. A white, old and wise hawk. He can see... a lot.

The other Ven can see him as a naive spring noble, young and not wise. People tends to understimate him. An error they usually will not commit twice.

Virtues.
Strenght: 2
Cunning: 3
Courage: 4 (naive and proud, he think he is invulnerable)
Beauty: 3
Wisdom: Weakness (naive, full of dreams, readed a lot of pillowbooks)
Prowress: 3 (+1, house bonus) Total: 4

Phase: Spring. All Characters will be spring in the campaing.
ASPECTS:
HONORABLE SWORD
Invoke: Trained in the Good Form of Fencing, honor, stell, blood. He wins 3 dice for fencing.
Tag: He never uses tricks or trys to win non honorable advantage in duel. (opponent can claim 2 dice).
Compel: The code of honor. Can't fight with an unarmed, injured or incompetent (unless attacked). Must give mercy if the opponent surrenders... and so on.

MY TONGUE IS AS KEEN AS MY SWORD
Invoke: He is fast to answer with a clever statement, full of irony... +3 dice in Debate
Tag: He can be driven to a "trap" so he can look mean. Opponents can claim 2 Dice.
Compel: He allways must say the last word. He can't just bite his tongue...

DEVOTIONS:
Ashalim Avendi (Falcon's Friend) (2). He is inspired by the dream of adventures.
Talia Yuarai (Keeper of Roses) (1). He is naive and had readed a lot of pillowbooks. He dreams with romance.

CONTACTS:
Well, the others Characters are undone yet, but we decided wich player will be his contact. Keep waiting.

PROVINCE:
Castle Uthandaye (1)
Village Ashla (1) Produces Goods
Heims Farm (1) Produces Food
Neza Forest (1) Produces Food
Davan Mountain (1) Produces Metal
Lyssan Farm (1) Produces Industry
Weatha Forest (1) Produces Lumber

VASSALS:
Personal Guard (The Crimsom Wolves) (1)
Roadmen (Falcon Wanderers) (2)
Staff (Uthandaye Servants) (1)
Spy Network (The Spectres) (1)

Bonus Points: 2 assigned to a Bloodsword. 2 assigned to Region and 1 more to Vassals.

So, the Character looks like:

ALEXAI ADRENTE (HALIA)
The hand and the sword. My Weapon is Myself. (The Hawk's white wing)
HOUSE OF THE WOLF

VIRTUES
Strenght: 2
Cunning: 3
Courage: 4
Beauty: 3
Wisdom: Weakness
Prowress: 4

ASPECTS:
HONORABLE SWORD
Invoke: Trained in the Good Form of Fencing, honor, stell, blood. He wins 3 dice for fencing.
Tag: He never uses tricks or trys to win non honorable advantage in duel. (opponent can claim 2 dice).
Compel: The code of honor. Can't fight with an unarmed, injured or incompetent (unless attacked). Must give mercy if the opponent surrenders... and so on.

MY TONGUE IS AS KEEN AS MY SWORD
Invoke: He is fast to answer with a clever statement, full of irony... +3 dice in Debate
Tag: He can be driven to a "trap" so he can look mean. Opponents can claim 2 Dice.
Compel: He allways must say the last word. He can't just bite his tongue...

DEVOTIONS:
Ashalim Avendi (Falcon's Friend) (2).
Talia Yuarai (Keeper of Roses) (1).

PROVINCE:
Castle Uthandaye (1)
Village Ashla (1) Produces Goods
Heims Farm (1) Produces Food
Neza Forest (2) Produces Food
Davan Mountain (1) Produces Metal
Lyssan Farm (1) Produces Industry
Weatha Forest (1) Produces Lumber
V'Rayl Ruins (1) SPECIAL

VASSALS:
Personal Guard (The Crimsom Wolves) (1)
Roadmen (Falcon Wanderers) (3)
Staff (Uthandaye Servants) (1)
Spy Network (The Spectres) (1)

RELIC: Bloodsword (2)
Mors certa, hora incerta.
Aravar

Re: Alexai Adrente

Postby TheDuchess » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:07 pm

Certainly a wolf! There are a lot of Adrentes in the lands I oversee and those not actually blooded to that house are of a father who is, so I know a good wolf when I see it.
My only thought as I read through was My tongue is as keen as my sword.....I would say My tongue is as sharp as my sword. *shrugs* A minor change but rings better in the ear.
Safe travels in Shanri.
TheDuchess

Postby Aravar » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:02 am

Ok, Sharp is much better. You have to forgive me, because English is not my native language and sometimes is hard to "think" in english for me. Thank you for your interest!.

Shall the mice in your pantry be never sad.
Mors certa, hora incerta.
Aravar

Postby TheDuchess » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:37 pm

Oh darling, I just think its wonderful that you made a wolf who can bite vocally as well as with a sword.

And the mice in my pantry are spoiled rotten, little buggers. :D
TheDuchess

Postby Keith Fyans » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:51 am

Yep, I'm nicking that aspect for one of my players to look over - it sorta fits one of his character concepts :)
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Return to Blooded of the Wolf