Attention Ro And John

Suggestions for making "Houses of the Blooded" a better game and a better website. One suggestion per post, please.

Moderator: Snag

Attention Ro And John

Postby alexanderthesoso » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:47 pm

the idea i was going to mention at the start of game, when numbers and the fluctuation of were mentioned, have an rsvp system. keep it in game, since the ven would do so. Have an rsvp thread for every game, with say the official invitation, what each person sent with a courier as reply in order to rsvp. then, A. , those people who rsvped (and print off a list to bring to game, ) get to get in line for going in first, you didnt rsvp, you dont go in. In addition, rsvping is a STYLISH thing to do. one more opening style (or, for balance, removal of a style if you didnt) for rsvping. just a thought (yes im full of them, among other things.
alexanderthesoso

Re: Attention Ro And John

Postby wunderworks » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:25 pm

alexanderthesoso wrote:the idea i was going to mention at the start of game, when numbers and the fluctuation of were mentioned, have an rsvp system. keep it in game, since the ven would do so. Have an rsvp thread for every game, with say the official invitation, what each person sent with a courier as reply in order to rsvp. then, A. , those people who rsvped (and print off a list to bring to game, ) get to get in line for going in first, you didnt rsvp, you dont go in. In addition, rsvping is a STYLISH thing to do. one more opening style (or, for balance, removal of a style if you didnt) for rsvping. just a thought (yes im full of them, among other things.

Part of that problem is that a large number of the regular attendees are not on the forums.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby alexanderthesoso » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:02 pm

That sounds like a self correcting problem to me. Carrot and stick, my friend. Carrot and Stick. Corrects itself.
alexanderthesoso

Postby Keith Fyans » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:28 am

From personal experience it works in reverse - if you have a whole part of the game that is unaccessable to the playerbase of a LARP (even out of personal choice), then the LARP itself suffers... Also, real-life trumps a form of entertainment for one evening of the moth, so RSVPing goes way down on the list of stuff you *have to do* that week.
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby FigmentOfImagination » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:09 pm

alexanderthesoso wrote:the idea i was going to mention at the start of game, when numbers and the fluctuation of were mentioned, have an rsvp system. keep it in game, since the ven would do so. Have an rsvp thread for every game, with say the official invitation, what each person sent with a courier as reply in order to rsvp. then, A. , those people who rsvped (and print off a list to bring to game, ) get to get in line for going in first, you didnt rsvp, you dont go in. In addition, rsvping is a STYLISH thing to do. one more opening style (or, for balance, removal of a style if you didnt) for rsvping. just a thought (yes im full of them, among other things.

Another problem with this suggestion is that it seems to reward long term players over new players. I'd rather make new players feel like they're important in their first game, rather than make them feel like they have to earn a place in the game.
Last edited by FigmentOfImagination on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FigmentOfImagination

Postby wunderworks » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:55 pm

FigmentOfImagination wrote:

Another problem with this suggestion is that it seems to reward long term players over new players. I'd rather make new players feel like their important in their first game, rather than make them feel like they have to earn a place in the game.

See I knew the guy playing Messol Burghe wasn't an evil evil monster! This is a big point. :)
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions and Feedback