Website, Forums, and News Blog

Suggestions for making "Houses of the Blooded" a better game and a better website. One suggestion per post, please.

Moderator: Snag

Website, Forums, and News Blog

Postby Richard » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:58 pm

As John's webguy, my biggest concern is that the website (and forums and news blog) is working well for everyone and is easily navigable and such. This thread is for you folks to let me know of any issues you encounter. It can be anything from pages not loading to bad grammar or spellings or whatever. You can also make note of any suggestions you have for the site here. Or if you just have an opinion of my work you want to throw out.

One particular point that I'll bring up myself right now is the music page. I'm looking into different mp3 players that can be embedded in a website, and I'll be putting up something soon when I find something I like. Also, I need to get with John on the selection of songs he wants played.

A second point I want to make concerns the double-super-secret-Houses-extras download site. for those of you with access to that site, make any notes here if you're having any problems with the downloads. Please do not mention the name of the site here, after all it's supposed to be double-super-secret.

Thanks!
Richard
"Someone smarter than me once said that heroes are cowards, just like everyone else, but their conscience gets in the way."

Jefferson Carter

Weekend Hero - my gaming sites, forums, and blog.
Richard
Site Admin

Re: Website, Forums, and News Blog

Postby stone » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:10 am

I did notice that when I first arrived (before logged in and registered) that I couldn't see the forums at all. If this is consistent with other visitors, then none of the guests are getting to browse teh cool stuff we are saying about HotB (which, I believe also stands for Hot Babes or something) as well as looking a bit odd if you click on the forums link. Might be something to check out.

Greg
stone

Re: Website, Forums, and News Blog

Postby Richard » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:53 pm

Thank you, Greg. The forums are set up so that non-registered people cannot see the topics and such. I want to say that's even a default with these boards. However, I think you have valid point. People wanting to check it out and not yet wanting to register for the forums should be allowed to read them. I'll make that change right away.

Thanks!
Richard
"Someone smarter than me once said that heroes are cowards, just like everyone else, but their conscience gets in the way."

Jefferson Carter

Weekend Hero - my gaming sites, forums, and blog.
Richard
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions and Feedback