Living Shanri suggestions

Suggestions for making "Houses of the Blooded" a better game and a better website. One suggestion per post, please.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Living Shanri suggestions

Postby JohnWick » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:59 am

Snag wrote:
JohnWick wrote:
Snag wrote:Objection! But I'll fuss about the style point on saturday. ::Snicker::

And now that I've gotten myself thinking about running an online game my own self, here comes more questions:

NPCs: Are the stock NPCs going to be Master Narrator controlled with folks asking to borrow them, or are they going to be free reign usage? (Just wondering, so that the poor NPCs don't have the legs run off 'em. The Autumn and Winter characters aren't young as Springtime no more!)

No NPCs. The only major characters--other than servants and other vassals--are PCs.

Aha! And orks, I assume. Woosh. Right, I'm all caught up now!

We'll also be invoking the Heinig NPC Rule at LARP events: you mus spend 1/3 of the time playing a minor character.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby wunderworks » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:55 pm

JohnWick wrote:We'll also be invoking the Heinig NPC Rule at LARP events: you mus spend 1/3 of the time playing a minor character.

For everyone or just ST's?
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Snag » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:43 pm

wunderworks wrote:
JohnWick wrote:We'll also be invoking the Heinig NPC Rule at LARP events: you mus spend 1/3 of the time playing a minor character.

For everyone or just ST's?

Not sure how this one squeaked past me - For everyone. Play a vassal, play an ork, play an unblooded in a village somewheres.
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby Keith Fyans » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: NPC's - can narators have any NPC Barons to act as foils to the players, or is that the role of other PC's in other games?

(ASIDE: Richard, can you this be moved to the new living Shanri board and stickeyed? Poss woth moving other Living Shanri stuff as well)
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby Snag » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Tsanuri wrote:Re: NPC's - can narators have any NPC Barons to act as foils to the players, or is that the role of other PC's in other games?

(ASIDE: Richard, can you this be moved to the new living Shanri board and stickeyed? Poss woth moving other Living Shanri stuff as well)

Indeterminate: Going to be finding that one out soon, tho'.

I had him migrate a few things, but the suggestions and FAQ stuff, I figured ought to stay where they are.
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby Keith Fyans » Mon May 04, 2009 2:42 pm

Just an idea - would it be worth moving the IC board to the section bellow the Cabal Boards? I find myself flitting between the two and the triffic isn't that bad that we need them separated. It would also ensure peeps who want to post invites to upcoming events get the most exposure (one of my players will be anouncing a party for the Winter this Friday and I want to try get some visiting representatives of other cabals along to make our games interact a little more).
Keith Fyans

Postby Snag » Mon May 04, 2009 8:47 pm

The current layout is so that the Living Shanri stuff can take place in its own area, while the random IC bits of indie games can occur separately. If John or Richard want to fuss with that, that's up to them, but that's what I had in mind when I asked Richard to separate things out the way they are now.
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby Keith Fyans » Tue May 05, 2009 4:53 am

Soz dude, my miscommunication - I was talking about the IC section of the LS boards here (with the High Kings Proclomations et al), as opposed to the IC board linked from the main forum page for non-LS stuffs here.

It was mainly a thouht that the LS-IC board and the main secon of the LS-Cabals board (underneeth the individual cabal sub-forums), seem to be doubling up and I'm finding it a little confusion if I should post certain stuff in one or both.
Keith Fyans

Previous

Return to Suggestions and Feedback