A Low-graphics edition would be nice...

Suggestions for making "Houses of the Blooded" a better game and a better website. One suggestion per post, please.

Moderator: Snag

A Low-graphics edition would be nice...

Postby [ak][aramis] » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:36 pm

I'm finding my big complaint about most PDF releases these days is excessive graphics in the visual layouts. HotB is no exception.

I read (and these days, run) most of my games off of my ebook reader. (Sony PRS-505.) This device has several limiting factors... 16 grays, 6" diagonal display, slow low-power processor...

Heavily graphic pages take forever to render (up to 10sec for HotB, and than only between pages 2 and 20), and further, when reflowed, the background images result in lots of page turns before one finds the text.

I don't mind the small page size, and the font used in HotB is readable. but the 4-10sec page turns...

So a low-graphics edition is my suggestion, perhaps even a specific ebook-reader edition in Acrobat eBook, MobyPocket (.prc) or Sony BBeB (.LRF) format.
Never grab a tiger by the tail.... unless it's sedated or dead!
[ak][aramis]

Re: A Low-graphics edition would be nice...

Postby Corone » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:05 am

Possibly a single column text file?

I've not used computers for gaming,
so I'd like to see an A4/letter size version of HotB.
It need not be a new layout, just everything bigger, so the book would stay open.
While it is nice as a GM to only have to carry one small book,
I find the larger size easier to work with.
(now if it also has a hardback leatherbound cover...)
Corone

Postby JohnWick » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:46 am

Re-formatting the book would require the services of someone who understands/can do layout. That'll cost about $$$ and a couple of months for a format most gamers don't want: to sell perhaps one or two copies of a book I've already finished.

I know a lot of people don't understand the amount of time that goes into making an rpg--even on the production end--but I'm afraid I can't make custom orders. I just don't have the time or the money.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby alexanderthesoso » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:40 am

John, old topic, but... I actually use the same ereader as the afore mentioned poster (google was kind enough to give me one for free) And was already planning on making an ereader layout in a non pdf format for my personal use, with seperated out sidebars, and interlinked table of contents. Once I do so, would you be interested in it being tossed your way to post for sale? (Free of charge, of course)
alexanderthesoso

Return to Suggestions and Feedback