Registration

General Chatter. Open Board.

Moderator: Snag

Registration

Postby Rob Justice » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:59 am

We've had a few people ask about signing up for the boards here, saying they are waiting on registration for awhile now. Any ideas whats up with that?
Rob Justice

Re: Registration

Postby Snag » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:57 pm

I'll let John and Rich know. Registration had to be set to mod approval, due to an influx of spambots.
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby Richard » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:04 pm

If you know of any real people who have registered but are have not been activated yet, please send them my way... rich at weekendhero dot com.

I'll activate them ASAP. And for anyone still waiting, my most sincere apologies for any delay. The amount of spammers registering on these boards is staggering and quite impossible for me to figure out who is a real person and who is a scum-sucking, spamming person/robot.

Richard
"Someone smarter than me once said that heroes are cowards, just like everyone else, but their conscience gets in the way."

Jefferson Carter

Weekend Hero - my gaming sites, forums, and blog.
Richard
Site Admin

Postby jeffszusz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:53 am

Hey Richard, perhaps create a stickied post entitled "Registered and Waiting for Approval? Read This!" with instructions to send you an email if they are a real person. Have it somewhere easy to see.
jeffszusz

Postby Richard » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:22 pm

"Someone smarter than me once said that heroes are cowards, just like everyone else, but their conscience gets in the way."

Jefferson Carter

Weekend Hero - my gaming sites, forums, and blog.
Richard
Site Admin

Postby jeffszusz » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:32 pm

Yes, like that, except if it's nested in a "forum rules" section, many people who are browsing the forums and reading interesting topics but haven't actually received their authorization yet are going to miss them.

For example, anyone who is currently waiting for authorization and hasn't emailed you yet.
jeffszusz

Return to Out of Character