Looking to play some HoTB

General Chatter. Open Board.

Moderator: Snag

Looking to play some HoTB

Postby Bkwrm88 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:18 pm

I just recently bought the HoTB PDF, read it cover to cover (practically) and now I'm very interested in playing. I've seen some stuff on the forum about playing over the internet, and I would like to know if there are any games currently going on that I could get into, or if there are any games that will be starting up in the near future. I'd also be interested in doing something face to face, but I haven't seen anyone from the Raleigh, North Carolina area on the forum. So if anyone has any information for me, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks!

P.S. I hope this was the right place to post this. I looked around, but I didn't see a board specifically for this sort of post.
A wise ruler ought never to keep faith when by doing so it would be against his interests.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Bkwrm88

Re: Looking to play some HoTB

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:52 pm

I've had success with nearbygamers.com
As far as online gaming, there is a twitter game going on, Robert Conway had an OpenRPG game going on for a while.

The forums here have a chat program integrated so it'd be easy enough to start something on there. There's also a forum game on the Bear Swarm website.

Your best bet if you can't find a place to play it, is to find a place to run it! :D
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Bkwrm88 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:29 pm

Thanks for the help. I would have no problem running, except that I have a hard time running a game I haven't played in before. I like to see what other people do with the rules first, especially in a game as free-form as this one.
A wise ruler ought never to keep faith when by doing so it would be against his interests.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Bkwrm88

Postby Paint Scribe » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:20 pm

It's moving slowly, but the twitter game has started. Follow @HotbloodedNarr and the gang he's following to see what's up.

JWP's Layout Lady & Author of Crimson Sorrow: A podcast history of the Ven
Paint Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Bkwrm88 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Thanks, I just joined up. I'm using the same name on twitter so it will be easy to spot me.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Bkwrm88

Return to Out of Character