Happy effin' new year!

General Chatter. Open Board.

Moderator: Snag

Happy effin' new year!

Postby Amp » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:43 am

To everyone that celebrates the festive event of ringing in the new year, have a happy one. May your resolutions of 'Oh God, never again!' echo gloriously in your toilet bowl.
Just my two Food resources.

Always looking to join an online campaign, especially RTI. PM me with information if looking for players.
Amp

Re: Happy effin' new year!

Postby Kyocera Ru » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:19 am

Happy New Year.

May your resources be efficient, able to feed all your vassals and yet not exceed your storage limitations. May you roll high on trouble dice, and low on age dice. And may Shanri spare your life.
Jeffrey Witthauer
Evil Narrator of Knoxville, TN

Play Blood & Tears at Dragon*Con 2011!
Kyocera Ru

Postby Amp » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Shall we discuss hangover cures?

... Quietly?

Always looking to join an online campaign, especially RTI. PM me with information if looking for players.
Amp

Postby Keith Fyans » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:30 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Yeah, Hogmanay was a blast and I wish the best to everyone on the boards for the upcoming year :D
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby Kyocera Ru » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:27 pm

Amp wrote:Shall we discuss hangover cures?

... Quietly?

More drinking.

Best hangover cure I know.
Jeffrey Witthauer
Evil Narrator of Knoxville, TN

Play Blood & Tears at Dragon*Con 2011!
Kyocera Ru

Postby Amp » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:50 am

Ever fun.

Amp

Postby wunderworks » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:32 am

Tsanuri wrote:HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Yeah, Hogmanay was a blast and I wish the best to everyone on the boards for the upcoming year :D

Dude! As an American, even though I've visited your fair land of Scotland several times I never knew it was called Hogmanay until just last month. I have adopted this term from now on and will be telling others that this is my favorite holiday. ^_^

Btw, Hangover cures are generally all bullocks and the math is simple and straight forward. The MAJORITY of the hangover problem comes from two things - being dehydrated from the alcohol and still having alcohol in your blood stream (still being drunk in the morning).

There is one very easy and simple solution that I learned from a Drinking Master when I was in college. Water. When you finish drinking alcohol for the evening begin drinking water. BIG GIANT CUPS of water. Drink as much or more water than the volume of alcohol you've had to drink (I generally drink as much water as I can). This will initially push more alcohol through your blood and make you a bit more drunk right after you've had your first several large drinks. You will also have to pee a lot more too, this is fine and good to do too. Keep drinking water until you go to bed and drink more when you wake up to pee at night. You will wake up in the morning (if you've had enough water) right as rain.

joshroby can attest to the amount of alcohol I've had (It was 24 drinks wasn't it?) in college and I can say this - I've never thrown up from drinking. I've felt sick, but I've had enough water to drink to feel better after an hour or two.

This works quite well even when you're hung over. Drink lots of water and you'll be right as rain in no time. :)
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Amp » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:01 pm

I've always found two glasses to be enough for me, but yeah, water is a good preventative measure.

Amp

Postby Keith Fyans » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:03 pm

wunderworks wrote:Dude! As an American, even though I've visited your fair land of Scotland several times I never knew it was called Hogmanay until just last month. I have adopted this term from now on and will be telling others that this is my favorite holiday. ^_^

Sweet! I met my partner (who is American), when I threw a big Hogmanay party so we take New Years Day as our anniversary :D One day when we meet in person (and it will happen, at a convention, or a road-trip through the states, or a fluke trip), remind me to tell the full story (doesn't come accross so well when you ain't with in front of someone).
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby wunderworks » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:30 pm

Tsanuri wrote:
wunderworks wrote:Dude! As an American, even though I've visited your fair land of Scotland several times I never knew it was called Hogmanay until just last month. I have adopted this term from now on and will be telling others that this is my favorite holiday. ^_^

Sweet! I met my partner (who is American), when I threw a big Hogmanay party so we take New Years Day as our anniversary :D One day when we meet in person (and it will happen, at a convention, or a road-trip through the states, or a fluke trip), remind me to tell the full story (doesn't come accross so well when you ain't with in front of someone).

Definitely! One of the Big Plans my wife and I have is to go back to Britain. Scotland being on that trip and definitely Glasgow since I've never gotten over there. :)
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Next

Return to Out of Character