Well, this should be interesting.

General Chatter. Open Board.

Moderator: Snag

Well, this should be interesting.

Postby jonathan_sicari » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:47 am

My play group decided that they want to play a sci fi game and I didn't have a version of HotB ready to show them so I'm going to be Haxing the hell out of NWoD to try and acclimate them to some of John's principles (like describing Truths about the world off of "perception" type successes) and I'm using a "success" token method to reward good roleplay, advancing the plot, stuff that HotB uses style for.

Wish me luck...

Jonathan
jonathan_sicari

Re: Well, this should be interesting.

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:01 am

jonathan_sicari wrote:My play group decided that they want to play a sci fi game and I didn't have a version of HotB ready to show them so I'm going to be Haxing the hell out of NWoD to try and acclimate them to some of John's principles (like describing Truths about the world off of "perception" type successes) and I'm using a "success" token method to reward good roleplay, advancing the plot, stuff that HotB uses style for.

Wish me luck...

Jonathan

I did something similar with another game and it worked rather well :) Good luck and have fun!
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby jonathan_sicari » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:03 pm

Ran the first session tonight. It was a blast. Our little group of petty criminals (smugglers and assassins) in now neck deep (and sinking) in the middle of an interstellar incident involving disgraced royalty, dancing slave girls and the deaths of several royal guards and the splattering of Kill(expletive deleted) Soul(expletive deleted) across a bar. Lot of fun, the players dove into the meat of describing truths about the setting after I had them roll their first "perception check" and I said, "OK Mike, you have privilege, tell me what you see."

It was awesome.

Jonathan
jonathan_sicari

Postby wunderworks » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:44 am

NICE! I've been trying to figure out how to run a Star Wars game that's better than d6 or d20.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:07 pm

wunderworks wrote:NICE! I've been trying to figure out how to run a Star Wars game that's better than d6 or d20.

Use a modified Yesterday's Tomorrow... It emulates action and drama the way that Lucas was attempting with the Star Wars films. :D
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby wunderworks » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:57 pm

I was about to reject that because of the inability to Use the Force, but dammit! MAGIC!
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:57 am

Hehehe, exactly!
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby jonathan_sicari » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:49 am

Finally got all the players back for session 2.

They arrived on Rook to find out the cargo they were transporting included the Princess they picked up last session as well as a hard drive her father needs to rein in his political enemies. Unfortunately, an assassin obtained access to their ship while they were gone and flayed the group's nominal leader's new slave girl, leaving them a nice media file of the event.

Jonathan
jonathan_sicari

Postby JohnWick » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:00 am

Yay and huzzah!
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby jonathan_sicari » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:18 pm

JohnWick wrote:Yay and huzzah!

Thanks!
jonathan_sicari

Return to Out of Character