Adult in character postings.

General Chatter. Open Board.

Moderator: Snag

Adult in character postings.

Postby alexanderthesoso » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Its been mentioned in some off board conversations that some of the in character posting stuff going on may turn... decidedly R rated. As there is not a specific adult content tag on the forums, some of us were wondering if there would be an issue posting such directly to the forum. So this post is a double edged one.

A. is adult material kosher?

B. If not, I'd be happy to set up an open blog on some webspace I have for people to post stories at, and link to from here, with adult content warnings on link. Would anyone have an interest in using such?
alexanderthesoso

Re: Adult in character postings.

Postby Loqua » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Honestly, I think if this was going to go down that it either be a separate section (perhaps with a password) or on a different site altogether. I don't mind reading stories but I would like a little warning if I am going to get into "Shirley Shags Shan'ri".
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:31 pm

I think if it runs along the lines of ven literature, you're in the clear. A simple warning in the Title [Pillowbook Content inappropriate for children] or something...
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Bards-Tale » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:50 pm

Nihilistic Mind wrote:I think if it runs along the lines of ven literature, you're in the clear. A simple warning in the Title [Pillowbook Content inappropriate for children] or something...

Personally, I am cool either way... I just know I have been apprehensive to take the Pillowbook side of writing cause I didn't want to post something I shouldn't...I was even a little nervous about posting my "Escape" story when it covers the 7 kisses, but I figured if it is in the book then we can post it up here.
do we have rules about that for forum posting???
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:11 pm

Ok, is there ever a need to be explicit to the point where things will need to be censored?
What are we talking about exactly?

Being tasteful in ven pillowbooks means no ork fucking...
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby alexanderthesoso » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:40 am

I think the question is, what point IS the point on this board where things need to be censored?
alexanderthesoso

Postby Loqua » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:59 am

alexanderthesoso wrote:I think the question is, what point IS the point on this board where things need to be censored?

Rule 34. No exceptions.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:05 pm

General Registration Agreement
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

I think subtlety is your friend.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Keith Fyans » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:17 am

I'm no mod, but I always go by Context. If you are talking about something in context then all is fine. If not they you are asking for the mod-stick. If you know it is good run not work/child safe then say so in the title. If you are still unsure PM the post to a Mod and ask.

That sound about right to the mods?
Last edited by Keith Fyans on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby wunderworks » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:42 pm

As an Admin, that sounds fine with me. Basically, keep it PG-13 and if it gets rated-R maybe consider it as PM to a group or ask one of us to make sure it is okay.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Return to Out of Character