Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

General Chatter. Open Board.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

Postby loto iluminado » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:03 am

Hi! im from argentina, im here because Blood & Honor game. I have no oportunity to play Houses of the blooded. I try to do it as far as possible. Excuse me for my bad English. :oops:
!Perdón si no escribo bien en ingles!
"Un samurái valiente no piensa en términos de victoria o derrota, combate siempre hasta la muerte" -Yamamoto Tsunetomo-
loto iluminado

Postby PandaDad » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:47 pm

ma_rukh wrote:Hi, I'm Marco, from Italy, RPG player since over 20 years even though the last time I played was quite some time ago.
I never stopped though keeping my eyes open for interesting settings and/or rules, it is so that I discovered hot blooded and fell instantly in love with it, completely and irremediably. Quite desperately too since I don't have anyone to play with.
Ground for a romance there... Don't you think?

loto iluminado wrote:Hi! im from argentina, im here because Blood & Honor game. I have no oportunity to play Houses of the blooded. I try to do it as far as possible. Excuse me for my bad English. :oops:

A very hearty welcome to you both!

Houses is one of those games that stirs the blood and sharpens the mind, but which is easier to love than to play (for want of players). It is enough to make one drink foxwine to excess! Or attempt to seduce an Elk who is married to a jealous Bear. Or kiss an Ork...

:mrgreen:
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby Alkalannar » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:56 pm

Thought I would say hello. Loved L5R. Never got to play 7th Sea, though I enjoyed reading it...looking to try HotB, and hoping to do it tabletop locally.

We'll find out what happens.
Alkalannar

Postby PandaDad » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Alkalannar wrote:Thought I would say hello. Loved L5R. Never got to play 7th Sea, though I enjoyed reading it...looking to try HotB, and hoping to do it tabletop locally.

We'll find out what happens.

Welcome, welcome!

Have you checked out Blood and Honor, by any chance? It's HotB, chambara style. :twisted:

PandaDad
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby JustJonny » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:37 am

My name is Jonny. I just heard about the game several months ago. A guy was telling me about it at work, and I thought to myself "A game where the players collectively assert as much control as the GM? That's a terrible idea! I can barely keep my story lines under control as it is." After a while, I got curious, so I checked out the preview, and was intrigued, but skeptical. Then, I decided to buy it cheap as a pdf, to see how it really works. Then I decided to buy all the sourcebooks, just to get a few more answers.

Now, I've just finished running my second session, and I'm waiting for my hardcopy core rulebook to arrive in the mail. I also think that incorporating wagers into other fistful of dice style games (like Shadowrun, Star Wars D6, or White Wolf) would be a great idea. Basically, I went from thinking the very idea was unfeasible to being addicted in less than half a year. I expect it'll be a fun ride.
JustJonny

Postby wunderworks » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:42 am

Welcome! It's crazy fun! A group of us incorporated wagers (I mean raises) into L5R. ;)
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby shadowclasper » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:22 am

so yeah, hi guys! Was enthusiastic about posting something me and a friend are bashing together to a system for other groups besides the Ven in the same pre-diluvian setting. Namely Hyperboreans, Atlanteans, and Lemurians.
shadowclasper

Postby wunderworks » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:07 pm

Awesome! And Welcome! :D
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby PandaDad » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:07 am

shadowclasper wrote:so yeah, hi guys! Was enthusiastic about posting something me and a friend are bashing together to a system for other groups besides the Ven in the same pre-diluvian setting. Namely Hyperboreans, Atlanteans, and Lemurians.

Get this Bold young noble a copy of the Wilderness stuff, stat!
PandaDad

Postby shadowclasper » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:31 pm

already bought all of the books. :)
shadowclasper

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character