Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

General Chatter. Open Board.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

Postby JRoss » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:55 am

Hi, I'm Jacob,

I am an RPG fan/writer. Big fan of John Wick, especially Seventh Sea. I am looking forward to contributing to the Shanri Research Institute. Also, maybe getting in some PbP.

Thanks,
Jake
JRoss

Postby PandaDad » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:17 pm

Welcome, Jake! Always glad to see new arrivals here at the big party.

There's one PbP game currently going on in here, which you can find over in the Living Shanri subsection (full disclosure--I'm the Narrator) and we could use another player or two. Feel free to drop on in and check things out!
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby dogmirian » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:43 pm

Would really appreciate some extra players, feels like me and panda are playing hot potato with the story :P
dogmirian

Postby PandaDad » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Indeed! All are welcome...
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby JRoss » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:11 pm

Okay. I want to join, but I have no local playgroup. Do I just jump into a thread? Who approves characters and Season actions?
JRoss

Postby Toru » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:44 pm

Hi! This is Toru :)

I like a lot of different RPGs and I'm always fond of trying out new ones.

I haven't read all through the HotB handbook yet, but it looks pretty interesting right now. I'm looking forward to run a game for my friends :) As I read I'm coming across some points I don't quite understand, so I thought I'd drop by the webpage and forums. I saw there are some FAQs, Q&A and so on around, and also some game ideas, all of which looks pretty handy :)

So I'll be around having a look and maybe asking some questions, if that's fine :mrgreen: . When I eventually try out the game with my friends, I'll share my experience ^^.

Nice to meet you, guys!
Toru

Postby wunderworks » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:36 pm

Welcome Toru!

Let us know if you have any questions. :) We'll be happy to answer them for you.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Soonis » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi I'm Mike, and I'm a recovering Gamer.

I unfortunately have no gaming group these days that seems interested in superior storytelling over cumbersome rules.

I am always a sucker for Samurai genre and picked up a PDF copy of "Blood & Honor" quite a while ago. I love it! So much so I am crawling out of my skin to just talk to other people about it, who get it.

I've also picked up copies of HotB and all it's supplements and am greatly intrigued and wish to experience the ven and Shanri as well now.

I seem to be a day late and a dollar short of gathering hard copies of the games I truly enjoy. I literally found World of Dew's kickstarter page the last day and tried to donate 1 minute after it closed finalized. Doh!

Anyways, I live in the Bay Area and hope to enjoy some discussions and possibly creative help with both product lines. I recently acquired a copy of World of Dew as well - woohoo!

Best regards,
"Shin Ken Hyaku Ja Futsu" ~God's Sword Dispels All Evil~
Soonis

Postby wunderworks » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:13 am

Welcome!

We're rather quiet these days, but we have a few folks who regularly lurk about. :)
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby PandaDad » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:26 am

Welcome, welcome...belatedly so but welcome nonetheless.

We're all friendly here, I promise. Mostly. Especially we of the Ophidian Supremacy. All that stuff about venom and biting and so on is exaggerated.
PandaDad

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character