Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

General Chatter. Open Board.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

Postby elk » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:28 am

Hi, I'm Mike Elkins, and I've been a Wick fan since early 7th Sea. When I heard that Mr. Wick was going to do another "Big game" for November, I said "Great! A birthday present!". Of course, that was supposed to be _last_ november, but I'm a patient guy. My preorder will actually show up soon now, I'm sure.

Anyway, I write software for underwater robots for a living, live west of Boston with a wife and three children, and have way too little time to game. I'll be GMing HotB I'm sure, because none of my friends GM. Sigh. I'd love to play.

--Mike (whose name means "Of the House of the Elk", almost literally)
elk

Postby FCWesel » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:52 am

Hello one and all, my name is Floyd. I am a big fan of John's games. I have been loosely following HotB's growth and John's blog, and at Gen Con, I managed to snag me a copy of HotB. (John, I was the guy talking about a sacrficie mechanic.) At this point I am about 130-140 pages into the book and am really, really happy with the read so far. Even if I never run/play/experience the game at the table, reading it was worth the buy.

((I hate talking about myself, nothing could be more boring.))

Anyways! Thanks for writitng a great book, John.
FCWesel

Postby LightArtisan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:00 am

Hi everybody, I'm Enrique, from Canary Island, somewere in the Atlantic Ocean, but Spain.

I become a Wick's fan reading his LiveJournal. The next step was buy some of his works in PDF, and discovered the power of game-desing philosopy in motion. Oh, and "Play Dirty" is like mi gaming Bible. My players hate you, John, with their whole soft hearts.

Now, I'm waiting for the HoTB book, reading and re-reading the PDF, crying because my players are an island far away and the game is freaking good...

Waiting...
and waiting...

PD- You are going to find some weird grammatic and/or spelling in my messages. I'm not english native-speaker, but I'll try to do my best. Be gentle ;-)
LightArtisan

Postby Snag » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:56 am

Ahoy! I'm Snag down in Arizona. I first encountered John either at DarkCon or at one of our parties here, I misremember. (In my defense, there was a whole lot of drinking going on both times.) Shortly thereafter, he joined us in the Land of the Hot and began attending our LARP game which was a hoot. Then the silly bugger said, 'Hey, I've got a new game in the works, who wants to play?' and we had enough L5R and 7th Sea fans to make a resounding yes.

HotB is the first of his works that I've encountered personally, although I'm now intrigued by Play Dirty. And should they do a second run of the limited edition, I'll cheerfully shell out the dough for that. Due to that lack of exposure, it took me a while to sit in on a session of said game, but once I did, I got curious enough to cobble up a character. Once I did, it took me a bit to ease into the setting and the mechanics. But eventually, the dirty bastard lured me in!

However, next game. I will have the GM bribe to beat all bribes. Oyes. ::Insert villainesque cackling here::
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby Snag » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:32 am

gavken wrote:I think he has an aspect "Can't count" which is terribly useful in justifying why you've split the booty in an unfavourable way to the others :-)

Gavin

Hrm...

Aspect: Can't Count
Invoke: When dividing the plunder, a little 3 card monty action is sufficient to stack the deck in his favor.
Tag: The mathmatically inclined are his bane.
Compel: Wrap some dingy stuff in tin foil and he'll come a-runnin'.
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby JLHBurnett » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:25 am

Hi there, I'm Joshua Burnett, and I'm really digging "Houses of the Blooded." Other than a very brief "7th Sea" game a freind of mine ran years ago, most of my exposure to John Wick comes from "Cat" and "Discordia." I've been excited about HotB for several months now, ever since I listened to the interview with John on The Sons of Kryos. It was the first thing I bought at Gencon, and I was glad to be able to meet John briefly. I decided a while ago that I was going to buy "Houses of the Blooded" rather than get into D&D Fourth Edition. I stand by my decision.

So, yes! Glad to be here. I'm loving the Ven. I certainly hope I can convince my group to start a game soon.
-Joshua LH Burnett-

http://www.HexGames.com
JLHBurnett

Postby Jesse Heinig » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:38 pm

I'm Jesse Heinig. I'm probably a little known for my work on Mage: The Ascension and on Decipher's version of the Star Trek roleplaying game. While I was doing research for some of my White Wolf projects, I stumbled across some anthropological studies that seemed a little odd. I didn't have any real use for them at the time so I shelved them, but I picked them up later and with John's help discovered that they were about the ven. Some of the material was loosely translated, and some had never been seen before. The first ven word that I learned from the hodgepodge was "obsidian." I hope to release some findings soon, with John's help!
Jesse Heinig

Postby JohnWick » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:02 pm

Jesse Heinig wrote:I'm Jesse Heinig. I'm probably a little known for my work on Mage: The Ascension and on Decipher's version of the Star Trek I hope to release some findings soon, with John's help!

We're gonna make magic, baby! :lol:
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Scaramouche » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:24 am

Hullo there! I'm Ashwath, and I did a bit of regrettable writing for White Wolf back in the old days - a few words for a Wraith supplement and some work on the lost and forgotten Trinity (at least, the developers sure hope to have forgotten me!). I've been a fan of 7th Sea and L5R since their inception and I seem to have been roped into running not one but two Houses of the Blooded games, so clearly that's about to become a favorite, as well.
Scaramouche

Postby Bob » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:42 pm

Believe it, or not... I'm Bob. Bob McDoogal of the Clan McDoogal. I like the website so far. It's awesome. I like the game so far. It's awesome. I like the videos on the blog page. They're awesome.

I'm Bob. It's awesome.
Bob

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character