Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

General Chatter. Open Board.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

Postby JohnWick » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:13 am

Bob wrote:I'm Bob. It's awesome.

What a bombastic sig. I love it. :D
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Mishka » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:43 pm

'ello! My name's Alex, and I live in the God-forsaken place known as Argentina, although I am originally Russian.

I've been playing the L5R RPG for about eight years now, with Way of the Scorpion being my favorite sourcebook of all times. Given I also loved the Vodacce sourcebook for 7th Sea, I just couldn't resist purchasing the pdf of HotB and doing all I can to find out more about this game!
Mishka

Postby JohnWick » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:47 am

Mishka wrote:'ello! My name's Alex, and I live in the God-forsaken place known as Argentina, although I am originally Russian.

I've been playing the L5R RPG for about eight years now, with Way of the Scorpion being my favorite sourcebook of all times. Given I also loved the Vodacce sourcebook for 7th Sea, I just couldn't resist purchasing the pdf of HotB and doing all I can to find out more about this game!

Welcome aboard. :D
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Shane » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:57 pm

Hi,

I'm Shane. I live in England. I play games. Some were written by John Wick. I picked up Houses of the Blooded on the strength of John's past works and the $5 price tag and I am not disappointed.

Regards,

Shane
Shane

Postby adidasfiend » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:47 am

Hi, I'm Dan.

I'm a John Wick fanboy, but not the creepy type of fanboy. John's games have always been my favorite games even before i learned to look at the line under the title that read the word "author".
I'm originally from the NE Pennsylvania near Wilkes-Barre, but now i live in the toasty region of Arizona. I have to say it is nice living in a Mormon community being a non-Mormon. They don't knock on my door, I think they think I'm one of them already ;)

I make my living selling insurance, it may be my job title but it's not who I am. I am a gamer. There are sooo many games I want to play, and not enough time bc that thing called life gets in the way. Having a girlfriend that i live with as well as 2 ferrets and 2 cats, they do take up time...

Right now I'm involved in a great 7th Sea game as a PC, I'm Baron Vaydelon from the All Walls Falling game run by Skald Saga, I'm GM'ing a Pre Coup L5R game, as well sampling 4e D&D as a DM. I'm also a HUGE fan of Call of Cthulhu and successfully ran a story for my new gaming group that went really well. Of the 3 players 1 had a indefinate insanity, 1 has a minor phobia and 2 bouts of temporary insanity, and the 3rd was sucked into the abyss by the tentaclly monstrosity they were banishing back to where ever those nasty things spawn. I'll be running another CoC game around Halloween that I'm really looking forward to.

I'm also a notorious thread killer, so it would not surprise me if i was the last to post on the thread... I'm used to the loneliness of no one responding...:)
adidasfiend

Postby wunderworks » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:08 pm

Evenin' Gents, Ladies,

My first two names are Benjamin David, yet I was born the descendant of blue-eyed Germans. I abhor intrusive advertising, but I am a professional marketing manager. I believe in the rights of freedom for all mankind, but love piracy; and those are just the minor disjunctions* in my life.

Since we're all on John's kick-ass new game board I'll say that I first discovered Wick's work back in the heady days of L5R. Unfortunately, I was also the guy who uttered the phrase, "There was a card game!?" I played, no scratch that, I never played 7th Sea, I ran 7th Sea for years. Later I had the good fortune of befriending John, playing some Houses Beta, and once attempting to run an L5R game set in a historical Japan. John didn't enjoy it. :D It's okay, we're still good enough friends to play in a Vampire LARP together. John get's to do research, and I explore my megalomaniacal side with dreams of overthrowing the Camarilla. **

I'm currently working on the Beta for my Role-Playing Game Legends of Piracy. You'll create a crew of pirates, you'll sail the Caribbean (and eventually the other Six Seas), and you'll create the gorram best character stories ever. And yes, thanks to John, it has the narrative control dice function built right into it.

So maybe one day soon you'll get to introduce yourselves on my Piratey Message Board***. ARRRR!

* - One of the major ones is that I'm part of that lucky 2% of the population that thinks only in images so I lose words. Disjunction was not the word I was looking for I'd describe the other word, but hopefully my description above suffices. Why is a visual thinker even trying to be a writer? I think it's the burning. No, not that burning, more of the soul burning type of burning.

** - Snag, if you're reading this I'm just joking. Haha, big joke, not me, Noooo Sir! Never'd think of that! Nope! ^_^

*** - It smells o' Rum, and made of a single solid Cork Tree dragged ashore by Sea Turtles.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Snag » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:16 pm

wunderworks wrote: It's okay, we're still good enough friends to play in a Vampire LARP together. John get's to do research, and I explore my megalomaniacal side with dreams of overthrowing the Camarilla. **

** - Snag, if you're reading this I'm just joking. Haha, big joke, not me, Noooo Sir! Never'd think of that! Nope! ^_^

Why must you turn these forums into a den of LIES?
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:14 am

Snag wrote:
wunderworks wrote: It's okay, we're still good enough friends to play in a Vampire LARP together. John get's to do research, and I explore my megalomaniacal side with dreams of overthrowing the Camarilla. **

Vampire LARP, heh? I'm intrigued... More info please! :mrgreen:
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby wunderworks » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:16 am

Nihilistic Mind wrote:
Snag wrote:

Vampire LARP, heh? I'm intrigued... More info please! :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: There's a LARP called Valley by Night:

http://members.cox.net/valleybynight/index.htm

Some of us play in - Snag's been there for a long while, I believe. I'm still a relative newcomer - a lowly anarch with grand dreams. =P Not really. In a moment of IC gravitas I declared that I'd do something completely in bounds of my character background - the GM was very nice including this plot because of my background - I think. Now I'm up to my little non-status anarch neck with politics and intrigue. If I don't succeed at my quixotic quest I'm dead, and if I some how do succeed - I'll probably be offed by the Camarilla coteries that I pissed off. =P IOWs, It's a hell of a lot of fun! ^_^

P.S. Snag - Nuthin' but LOVE! ^_^
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Snag » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:26 am

Nhilistic: What he said up there! If you need some locational info, send me a PM on these forums.

Ben: You just like when I play Iron Anarch. ::Snicker::
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character