Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

General Chatter. Open Board.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

Postby wunderworks » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:01 pm

Snag wrote:Nhilistic: What he said up there! If you need some locational info, send me a PM on these forums.

Ben: You just like when I play Iron Anarch. ::Snicker::

Heh, well, to tell the truth, I'm a sucker for a bad German accent - must be my own love of playing Dieter - Ze Kewl Mage, jah. So I particularly enjoy it when you played Ze Prince, jawohl! ^_^
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Viradu » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Matt, from Argentina, personal friend of Mishka/Alex (he told me about this game, and now both of us are in a race to see which one of us runs the first game for our group.)

I've been a role-player for almost half of my life (I'm 30 years old), devoting the last decade to old-WoD, Exalted, L5R and 7th Sea. I was looking for something a little different, and I think I'm hooked with HotB! :)
Viradu

Postby SunBlade » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:40 am

Hi, I'm David.

I'm 30 and I've been playing RPGs forever. I got into HotB by checking in to see what John's been up to lately, and now I'm hooked. Only I just recently moved (to Dallas) and I have no one to game with me. Argh! :cry: If any of the rest of you are out there drop me a line!

Cheers,
SunBlade
SunBlade

Postby wunderworks » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:29 pm

SunBlade wrote:Hi, I'm David.

I'm 30 and I've been playing RPGs forever. I got into HotB by checking in to see what John's been up to lately, and now I'm hooked. Only I just recently moved (to Dallas) and I have no one to game with me. Argh! :cry: If any of the rest of you are out there drop me a line!

Cheers,
SunBlade

Check this out: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=87&p=388#p388

:)
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby SunBlade » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:08 pm

Yep, I'm already on there. But I'm lonely and by myself!
SunBlade

Postby Rob Justice » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:57 am

Oh man... how did I miss this thread for so long...

Alright, I'm Rob. Some of you (read as "none of you") might know me from the Bear Swarm! Podcast. I've been gaming since I was 13, starting with the classic Red Box. Eleven (going on Twelve) years later I still haven't grown out of the hobby that my parents insisted was "Just a passing phase"

My sacred cow is World of Darkness but Houses is quickly usurping that position but time will tell if its just Houses New Car smell or something actually substantial for me. For a quick list of game systems that I've played\ran\own: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons through 4th Edition (and various D&D sub-systems\settings like Iron Kingdoms, Midnight, Ravenloft, Mutants and Masterminds, Tru 20, etc), Shadowrun 2nd-4th Edition, Various Palladium games (Rifts, After the Bomb, Ninjas and Superspies, Fantasy, etc), Paranoia, World of Darkness Old & New (Including various iterations of Vampire, Mage, Werewolf, Hunter, etc), Legend of the Five Rings 1st-3rd Edition, 7th Sea, Dogs in the Vineyard, InSpectres, Call of Cthulhu, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, and prolly a two dozen more games I just can't think of right now. On the scale of Simulation to Narrative, I'm more on the Narrative side of gaming.

If you're really interested in me you can always hit up the aforementioned Podcast or check out [url=http:\\myspace.com\justice777]myspace.com\justice777[/url] or my much neglected personal website The 42nd Room
Rob Justice

Postby Rob Justice » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:10 pm

SunBlade wrote:Hi, I'm David.

Cheers,
SunBlade

By the by, that is an awesome avatar. Robot cowboy angel... classic!
Rob Justice

Postby unnamed » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:36 pm

Some real half-truths about me:

1. I live in the North of Spain (no sun, no flamenco, no beach, no olé.)
2. I started playing L5R (the rpg) then my GM told me "hey, this game is made by a guy called john wick", then I introduced John Wick in google and I came to the LJ. So I've been waiting more than a year for Houses.
3. When I started playing L5R (Two years ago), I met a guy who told me about 7th Sea. Now I'm a 7th Sea GM both for table games and LARPs (Actually, just one LARP, but it was a GOOD one)
4. It's just the evolution that brought me to read Houses. And evolution will lead me to GM as soon as I get enough players that can understand English or as soon as I translate the rules for them.
5. If I were a woman, I would fall in love with Guybrush.
unnamed

Postby Corone » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:22 am

Hiya

Quick hello post from me as all the cool kids are doing it :-)

My name's Andy, I'm from England and I knew nothing about HotB until John asked if he could swap a copy for my game (Victoriana) at Gen-Con, which rather made my day. I instantly fell in love with HotB, and was inspired to plot revenge against everyone who obviously hid this great work from me beforehand. No sure what John thought of Victoriana though, but I hope he likes it. :-)

I owe John rather a lot as 7th sea has been inspiring enough to keep a my campaign running for nearly ten years now, and my first professional writing work was for 7th sea too.
Corone

Postby Loqua » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:03 am

My name is Ryan and I live in the room next to Snag's. I am an Arizona native, so I got total AZ cred, yo.

I met John at a LARP that is at my house and found out he was the guy that made 7th Sea, which is a game that I really did enjoy. Then I found out he had a heathly respect for douchebaggery, AND he was looking for people for a new game! So we quickly got all the roommates in the house and I became addicted to Houses of the Blooded. My days now are trying to use HotB rules in my everyday life. I am trying to tell my bank that *I* have privledge and I *do* have more money. Its not working.

The Three Things About Ryan:
-I am a proud fat guy and rumored guildmaster of the Order of Fatmen.
-I hardly take anything seriously, because life is just more fun that way
-I am rumored to be an asshole. Rumors of my assholeness are greatly exagerated. (Listen not to Snag. He is of the Dark Side.)

Cheers!
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character