Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

General Chatter. Open Board.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

Postby wunderworks » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:06 pm

Loqua wrote:My name is Ryan and I live in the room next to Snag's...I found out he had a healthy respect for douchebaggery, AND he was looking for people for a new game!

I thought it was bad with Snag on here, well there goes the neighborhood! ;)

Yay! What's up? Have you voted on what your favorite House is? Do you have a character profile? ^_^
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:18 pm

I have a horrible feeling that I know you.....

I have only played one House so far (Elk) and I enjoy it. To me, the way the game is set up House is damn near irrelevant. I can play the Snake who likes Beauty, or the Strong Wolf. Saying that, Elks are the best.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Khuxan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:44 am

Hi guys,

I'm Bill from Australia. I haven't bought the pdf yet, but I will tomorrow!

Loqua wrote:To me, the way the game is set up House is damn near irrelevant. I can play the Snake who likes Beauty, or the Strong Wolf. Saying that, Elks are the best.

I have to agree. It baffles me a bit that we have six different forums for the six different houses, when ven politics seems so much more than the houses.
Khuxan

Postby Nevermet » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:44 pm

Hiya.

I'm Nick the Nevermet, and I managed to read HotB in about 4 days, and it'll take me another 2 weeks to digest.
Nick the Nevermet.
Always interested in Houses of the Blooded PBEM or PbP games.
Nevermet

Postby Harlequin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:42 am

Hi. I'm Arnold. I'm just a gamer.

I came to HotB when a friend of mine shared his excitement for it's imminent release. I pre-ordered it for him, but then fell for it, and had to buy a copy for myself.

(Stupid me, now I don't have the special edition... oh well)

My favorite game of all time is The Mountain Witch, because the lines of communication between Player and GM are wide open. We experimented with Universalis. There's no GM in that one, and the flow of play is affected by bids and risks a lot like Houses. However, without a set direction (as there is NO setting provided in Universalis,) it's hard to get a consistent play experience.

I got to play Houses at Dragon*Con this year, which was pretty cool. I'm going to try to run it at MACE, and perhaps locally to see what come of it.

But if character creation is any indication, it should rock.
Harlequin

Postby Drake » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:37 pm

Hello, my name is Mauro. I`m from Argentina and I really don`t speak too much english, so sorry for my poor writing. I`m an artist, fan of classic oil painting, and now fan of HotB too. It's my second passion.

Well, I just want to tell you one thing John... you are a GENIOUS. Thank you very much for given me the tools what I need. Maybe some time I can give you a couple of my work of art pieces, with hope that inspire you in the same way that you game inpired to me. Congratulations for the quality of your work.
Drake.
Drake

Postby Charlie_EN » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi, I'm Charlie.
I played the demo on saturday at Dragonmeet. I'd already bought the book, but wanted to see how it played, especially with John himself running. I'd been an unaware Wick fanboy (huge L5R & 7th Sea fan without joining the design dots) until finding out about HotB and Play Dirty.
My players are already pumped about playing HotB and in a rather mean move I've decided to run it directly after a two-part D&D adventure someone else is running. The results should be fun.
Charlie_EN

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:38 pm

Welcome aboard! :)
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Keith Fyans » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi to one and all!

My name is Keith and I'm in Glasgow, Scotland. I missed the build-up of Houses (it happens), and just noticed it today.

The main reason for signing up here is that I've devoured the sampler and I'm really wanting a "real" copy - is it still in print or is a pdf the best I can get? I suppose I don't mind buying the pdf as a stop-gap if it helps fund a reprint or if there will be no other choice, but I always go for a printed/bound book if available. Also, any plans for a hardback printing?

Thanks for any help in my rapidly gained obsessive quest,

Keith.
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby JohnWick » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:51 am

Tsanuri wrote:Hi to one and all!

My name is Keith and I'm in Glasgow, Scotland. I missed the build-up of Houses (it happens), and just noticed it today.

The main reason for signing up here is that I've devoured the sampler and I'm really wanting a "real" copy - is it still in print or is a pdf the best I can get? I suppose I don't mind buying the pdf as a stop-gap if it helps fund a reprint or if there will be no other choice, but I always go for a printed/bound book if available. Also, any plans for a hardback printing?

Thanks for any help in my rapidly gained obsessive quest,

Keith.

The book is currently out-of-stock (a re-occurring problem), but www.indiepressrevolution.com is about to get a whole stack of new books.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character