Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

General Chatter. Open Board.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:31 am

Tsanuri wrote:Hi to one and all!

My name is Keith and I'm in Glasgow, Scotland. I missed the build-up of Houses (it happens), and just noticed it today.

The main reason for signing up here is that I've devoured the sampler and I'm really wanting a "real" copy - is it still in print or is a pdf the best I can get? I suppose I don't mind buying the pdf as a stop-gap if it helps fund a reprint or if there will be no other choice, but I always go for a printed/bound book if available. Also, any plans for a hardback printing?

Thanks for any help in my rapidly gained obsessive quest,

Keith.

Welcome, Keith!

You'll find that the forums are a great way to see how Houses of the Blooded is developing into one of the biggest games. Get the PDF in the meantime if you haven't already. There is sooooo much more than in the preview pdf. :)
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Keith Fyans » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:40 pm

I totally will be, I was just hoping that there would still be some hard copies for sale and through I woudl check before getting the pdf. As that isn't the case it looks like i'll head over to IPR tomorrow and download a copy (not on my main PC atm :oops: ).

I'm very exited about getting the full version - L5R was seminal in my RPG mindset, and I've haven't yet seen a RPG from Mr Wick that I haven't enjoyed, and this does look particularly special.

Anyway, enough of my fan-boy ranting, I'm sure I'll be making posts on this board once I've read through the full rules, and even more once I start play...

Talk to you all soon,

Keith.

EDIT: I have now read these forums and found the shop that has coppies in the US - once they weigh it I'm ordering a hard copy.
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby TheDragonMaster » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:24 am

You can call me Tony. My first exposure to John's work was through a comment on RPG.net regarding the Play Dirty articles (Okay, not so much comment, as flame war). I immediately started looking around for a copy of the articles, found the PDF over at IPR (really wish I could have been in that Champions game, but sadly time and space conspired against me and placed me in the wrong generation/state for that to happen;) ).

Around the same time I went looking for a new gaming group and ended up meeting Fabien (Nihilistic Mind). My goal had been to find a group to try out new systems, specifically all the ones I'd bought that my other group refused to crack the covers on. Ended up at Copper Con, which led to an invite to a going away party where HotB was being demo'd. Didn't care for the experience (right character, wrong group). I have since been in a few more demo's*, and have joined the Living Shanri campaign.

I've also picked up Wilderness of Mirrors (gamers in phoenix, contact me if you want in on a game), and am picking up a couple copies of Play Dirty in dead-tree edition so I'll have one to loan out.

*Right character (I think so anyway), wrong scenario. The scenarios keep being murder mysteries and my last few characters were not the murder mystery types (never take cunning as a weakness, especially not with a Wisdom score of 2 :( ).
TheDragonMaster

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:30 pm

Welcome, welcome!

Looking forward to this Friday and seeing your new character at work, Tony.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby wunderworks » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:28 pm

TheDragonMaster wrote:You can call me Tony.

I've also picked up Wilderness of Mirrors (gamers in phoenix, contact me if you want in on a game), and am picking up a couple copies of Play Dirty in dead-tree edition so I'll have one to loan out.

So what part of Phoenix are you in?
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby TheDragonMaster » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:22 am

wunderworks wrote:So what part of Phoenix are you in?

I'm over by Greenway and SR51. Though I'll probably be running a game of Wilderness of Mirrors after our Friday night Living Shanri season actions session, which will be over by 43rd ave and T-Bird. If I don't run it there on that night, then I'll probably be running it at my place on a Saturday Night. Either way figure about 3 weeks from now.
TheDragonMaster

Postby Saint&Sinner » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:47 am

Hi,
I'm Scott. Recently moved to the North Atlanta area. I've been excited about running Houses if we can find enough players in the area. If you know anyone please let me know.
Saint&Sinner

Postby wunderworks » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:01 pm

TheDragonMaster wrote:
wunderworks wrote:So what part of Phoenix are you in?

I'm over by Greenway and SR51. Though I'll probably be running a game of Wilderness of Mirrors after our Friday night Living Shanri season actions session, which will be over by 43rd ave and T-Bird. If I don't run it there on that night, then I'll probably be running it at my place on a Saturday Night. Either way figure about 3 weeks from now.

DAMN! I lived at Bell and 43rd up until six months ago. Now I live in Surprise. ^_^ Do you have a full group for your HotBlooded? I know a few guys over here that would be interested.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby ROMzombie » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:33 am

Howdy!

I'm ROMzombie (aka Tom), from Mesa (Broadway & Dobson). I picked up a copy of HotB at RinCon, and have recently introduced it to my group in our game rotation. Reception has been good so far, so I'm hoping we can make a campaign of it.
ROMzombie

Postby TheDragonMaster » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:38 pm

wunderworks wrote:DAMN! I lived at Bell and 43rd up until six months ago. Now I live in Surprise. ^_^ Do you have a full group for your HotBlooded? I know a few guys over here that would be interested.

You'd want to talk to Nihilistic Mind about that. I know we have 5 players, but I'm not sure whether he'd be comfortable running more players than that (don't know that it would work out well with the game), but I'll leave it up to Nihilistic to say yay or nay on it. Of course, if you have (what is it, four?) four players who'd be interested, you could always start your own cabal for the Living Shanri campaign. There's always room for crossovers with a Living campaign. ;)

And welcome ROMzombie!
TheDragonMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character