All Call To The Unblooded.

General Chatter. Open Board.

Moderator: Snag

Re: All Call To The Unblooded.

Postby Loqua » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:52 pm

wunderworks wrote:I have this perverse desire to find someone who's as big a fan of Stephen Fry's and Hugh Laurie's (Yes, Dr. House) Jeeves and Wooster and run a tragic ven duo of those two. It would be AWESOME! Jeeves the Unblooded but immensely capable Gentleman's Gentleman, and Wooster the Blooded of the Fox with too much time and an unhealthy interest in Low Theater and Music of the Unblooded.

Fry and Laurie! Only seen a bit of their duo stuff, but want to see more. Fry runs a game show for BBC now called Q.I., freaking hilarious.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby wunderworks » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:25 pm

Loqua wrote:
wunderworks wrote:I have this perverse desire to find someone who's as big a fan of Stephen Fry's and Hugh Laurie's (Yes, Dr. House) Jeeves and Wooster and run a tragic ven duo of those two. It would be AWESOME! Jeeves the Unblooded but immensely capable Gentleman's Gentleman, and Wooster the Blooded of the Fox with too much time and an unhealthy interest in Low Theater and Music of the Unblooded.

Fry and Laurie! Only seen a bit of their duo stuff, but want to see more. Fry runs a game show for BBC now called Q.I., freaking hilarious.

I've watched about every season of QI on YouTube. The damn idiots won't let him sell it in the States because while everyone has become recently aware of the Genius that is Laurie, no one is aware of how AWESOME Fry is as well.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Keith Fyans » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:47 am

"Danm-it Michael! Look out of that window and tell me what you see..."
"I see a carpark."
"Yes, but once you looked out of that window and seen something else - can you remember what that was?"
"I had an Idea."
"And what was that Idea?"
"To build a carpark!"
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby Jesse Heinig » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:46 am

Without giving away too much, I will say that at Strategicon this month I ran a quick demo of an idea with John, Ro and Snag, involving an all unBlooded game.
Jesse Heinig

Postby Snag » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:02 am

Jesse Heinig wrote:Without giving away too much, I will say that at Strategicon this month I ran a quick demo of an idea with John, Ro and Snag, involving an all unBlooded game.

Heads will explode from the percentage of Awesome concentrated into one concept. It's the frozen OJ mix of gaming!
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:08 pm

Jesse Heinig wrote:Without giving away too much, I will say that at Strategicon this month I ran a quick demo of an idea with John, Ro and Snag, involving an all unBlooded game.

I heard the concept and it's simply brilliant. I'd like to play that too. :D
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Jesse Heinig » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:41 am

Nihilistic Mind wrote:

I heard the concept and it's simply brilliant. I'd like to play that too. :D

Oh good. I sent a first draft of most of the material for it - say, about 90% - to John this morning. If we get the kinks worked out, who knows? Maybe it'll be at that convention of yours.
Jesse Heinig

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:45 am

I would like that very much, sir! :)
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:25 am

The following is based on the experiences of the author from the Blood and Tears LARP at Imperial Outpost in Phoenix, Arizona. Your experience may vary.

A couple people last game asked me about Unblooded and how I do what I do, so I am busting out the Unblooded Primer Part Two: Son of Primer. (Although most of these can work for a Blooded character, I am gearing this towards the Unblooded)

The big thing about playing a LARP Unblooded is planning. Get a plan together and have a basic idea of what you want to do during that game. Always try to be working towards that plan or at least putting yourself in a position to get others to help you with that plan. Don't make your plan to specific though, as HotB can change real quick. Get a basic outline of what you want to do and be ready to change up when the plot does.

I will share with you guys what I do almost every game which really helps me set up Iratu for the night. First, wait until dinner is served and you've gotten the Three Things about the party. Keep that in the back of your head. Next, find a window to talk to John. I usually go for after he's done senechaling but before dinner ends. Ask him this question. "John, while dinner is going on I am going to talk to the staff. Is there anything they tell me?" Hand him a style. Usually this gets you some good rumors and some insight into the plot that night. With this new information and the Three Things, go get dinner. You sit by yourself and you get some good time to think, look through the book, etc. Start planning.

After people have eaten, walk up to them OOC and hand them style and say things that are true. This is like fishing and you are trying to get a bite. Pick people who you like to interact with and always try and get something going with the host, since they are pretty active at their own parties. This is a great way to lay the foundation for whatever you plan to do that night.

Listen. Just stand there and listen. People will talk around you, people will not notice you listening. They will say things, they will tip their hands. This is where you learn about Ork Hunts and Suaven of Whispers. You get information and you don't have to pay a darn thing for it. Always Be Listening. Remember that you are dirt. Below notice. You can't muster the brain power needed to plan on the level of the Blooded! When something goes wrong, you are usually the last one to be blamed. (An Unblooded using Poison? Aahahahaha, surely you jest.) This is a great way to do some sneakiness.

If you care about a plot and the Ven say "Let us discuss this with everyone" or "We need to assemble a Jury" that is code for "Quickly, act now while they cut through red tape." People are off "assembling for the hunt" I am off telling Orks to run away. The Jury meets to discuss the merits of the Suaven of Whispers/Lies, I am sending in the orks to hijack the thing. You are the viper, strike quickly and lose yourself in the grass. Keep style saved for saving your ass. It doesn't take that much creativity to kill an Unblooded so make sure you cover your tracks. Watch me next time you guys get a Jury together, if I care about the subject at hand I am pretty sure you will find me moving towards or talking to John. This is Iratu making his move.

I also recommend staying low profile, something I have failed at these last two games. Try not to get too noticed. Choose your battles. I can tell you that Suaven-jacking almost got me caught and it was only because I had some style saved that I was at least able to preserve myself through the actual game. I can also predict that Iratu's name won't be coming up at Open Secret's time for a bit. Many reasons for that. One, is that if people are always looking to you to do something, it increases the chances of being caught. The bigger reason is that its always good to let the spotlight shine on others for a bit, Iratu is on a two game winning streak and it time to fade back and let others take center stage. As a general rule though, seen and not heard.

Always have style and be flexible. If you hear something you didn't expect and its going against your mastermind plan for the night be ready to change your plan. Or let your plan fail. Remember that in HotB failure isn't always a bad thing. You can't win them all. If you really want your plan to go through then be prepared with some style to influence how the cards fall. You may not get the outcome you wanted, but you can at least salvage something. The key that i use to playing Iratu is not getting caught. If a plan has to fail for me to maintain that rule, then so be it.

Find your Calaban Ru. I really lucked out in being the property of one of the most untrusted guys in the game. If something goes wrong it's always Calaban Ru and secret army of poisoner Spy Masters at his beck and call. This makes it real fun to get into some trouble and leave some evidence that Calaban Ru had something to do with it. It pretty much guarantees that 20 minutes will be used to investigate the claim of Calaban Ru's involvement and that makes people forget what exactly happen and gives you time to distance yourself from the problem. Find that guy, the one you suspect follow the Suaven of Ambition and lay some stuff at his doorstep now and again.

Thats pretty much what I do as an Unblooded. That and Poison Fabien's PC. It really serves no purpose, except Poisoning Fabien's character. I hope this answers people's questions and if they aren't on the forums, oh well.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby alexanderthesoso » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:36 pm

A. you are a god for thinking this. When my current character gets killed, I'm in.
B. THEY played jeeves and wooster? Must look that up!
alexanderthesoso

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character