And lo, the Holy Book was given unto Him by a Man in Brown

General Chatter. Open Board.

Moderator: Snag

And lo, the Holy Book was given unto Him by a Man in Brown

Postby jeffszusz » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:44 am

AHA! Today, I caught the UPS guy on my way out the door to work... and I FINALLY have my copy of Houses of the Blooded in hand!

Sadly, the tome I'm speaking of is now in my cubby hole in our back room at work - burning a hole in the back of my head while I itch to read it. Break time will pass far too quickly, I'm afraid.

Finally I have my long-awaited prize, and can place it in a place of esteem on my gaming shelf with Call of Cthulhu and Spirit of the Century.

Interestingly enough, I was gifted a free copy of "Colonial Gothic" in my box of stuff from IPR. Anyone ever read / try that one?
jeffszusz

Re: And lo, the Holy Book was given unto Him by a Man in Brown

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:30 pm

Congrats! :D
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby jeffszusz » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:02 pm

And so it was that The Book brought great enjoyment, but for too short a time, as break-time was but 45 minutes long. Alas, three full rounds on the clock remain until I can read further.

Correcting my original post: HoTB won't see much time on the shelf in the near future.
jeffszusz

Postby jeffszusz » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:44 am

I'm a large chunk through the book, and I am quite happy with it. I'm especially happy with how well the ven social attitudes etc. are defined and how vague the physical world around them is - it's going to be fun sticking the ven in Mesoamerica, Italy, or on one of the moons of Jupiter - and still keep the provided setting information nearly in it's entirety.

I don't think i'll ever run another game system of any kind (unless forced at swordpoint) without replacing "success" with "Privilege", and adding wagers and style.
jeffszusz

Return to Out of Character