Rituals and Soundtracks

For general topics about Houses. If it doesn't seem to go in any other forum, stick it in here.

Moderator: Snag

Rituals and Soundtracks

Postby Bards-Tale » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:32 pm

So I work every Sunday, including the Sunday of the Phoenix LARP, but I get done by noon so I have about 4-5 hours till game starts.
I have found that I am starting to develop "rituals" in order to get in character and mind set for the evening events.
Some is character costume prep some is mood setting.

One of the things I do is listen to "Ven"-ish songs. These are not a certain genre or what not but just whatever feels... Ven....

So I was wondering, does anyone else have pre-game rituals and are there any songs that make up think of "Ven" life as soon as you hear them???
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Re: Rituals and Soundtracks

Postby Aban the White Stag » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Usually Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, etc. in the platlist mixed with some Dragonforce, Nightwish, Wolfmother, etc. Then I look in the mirror over and over again oogling at my own magnificence. :lol:

On LARP days I get up a little later. That's the only real difference. :mrgreen:
Aban the White Stag

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:16 pm

I like to give myself prep time, making sure my costume is right, etc, which for Ashveil has meant lots of last minute stuff. for Tyv, it was more about drawing on my face and playing with the scars and magical tattoos.

I do the same kind of thing when I'm preparing to run... Kinda shuffle all my gaming stuff, gathering dice and books. It's a state of mind, really. It IS a ritual.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby wunderworks » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:45 pm

As Zsanosz I listen to the theme song for Jeeves and Wooster interspersed with Rammstein, no joke.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Black King » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:45 pm

I would love to see what kind of character comes out of that mix

On game day I usually try to set aside some time to go over my notes to remind myself of some plot complications I can throw in if the session starts to run down. Maybe go through my NPC list to freshen my memory of the already made NPCs I have in case one needs to be thrown in. Other than that, I mostly don't worry about it.

Normally I'd listen to some music, but I haven't really found anything that works for me yet for Houses. Jeeves and Wooster interspersed with Rammstein isn't doing it for me.
Black King

Postby shadowclasper » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:07 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=761210347256657

This seemed to be the place to post music I thought was sufficiently Venish, so here we go.
shadowclasper

Postby PandaDad » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:27 pm

Being utterly FAFIATed and nowhere near the LARP in question, I humbly offer two suites that just sort of have the right 'feel' to my way of thinking: Jack Wall's soundtracks for Myst III and Myst IV. When my tabletop group gave Houses a try, I got a lot of mileage out of those while doing what prep I needed...

And of course the Blood Opera by Mr. Wick and associates.

Although...Jeeves and Wooster with Rammstein? That sounds entertaining.
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Return to Houses of the Blooded: General Discussion