I don't quite understand how rolling siblings works

For general topics about Houses. If it doesn't seem to go in any other forum, stick it in here.

Moderator: Snag

I don't quite understand how rolling siblings works

Postby Mortimer_Phist » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:27 am

I've been reading and re-reading it, but syill can't understand what is substracted from what. Could you please explain this moment in more details?
Mortimer_Phist

Re: I don't quite understand how rolling siblings works

Postby Mortimer_Phist » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:52 pm

I suppose I more or less understood it.

1) Roll your birth order.

2) The second roll: in your family 1d6-1 survived children (minimum one - that's you are).

Am I right?
Mortimer_Phist

Postby Colonel Rippe » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:05 pm

Mortimer_Phist wrote:I suppose I more or less understood it.

1) Roll your birth order.

2) The second roll: in your family 1d6-1 survived children (minimum one - that's you are).

Am I right?

Sounds about right. You can also randomize the sex of your siblings if you choose by flipping a coin/rolling a die for each of them, but that's up to you or if you'd rather just elaborate the rest of your family through creative thinking.
Colonel Rippe

Postby PandaDad » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:00 am

And don't forget to roll to see if they're married, have children, the House of their spouse, that spouse's family...

(sheepish grin)

Uhm. Only if you wantto, that is. There are benefits to doing it either way. And of course, no matter what you roll beforehand, a style point or two should allow you to change anything that has not yet been introduced into play. (My personal take on this is that rolling up at least your siblings' spouse and kids gives you a pool of neices and nephews to spoil, subvert, and adopt as NPCs when they're old enough, but your mileage may vary.)
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Return to Houses of the Blooded: General Discussion