[Wilderness] How Tenacity works?

For general topics about Houses. If it doesn't seem to go in any other forum, stick it in here.

Moderator: Snag

[Wilderness] How Tenacity works?

Postby Lriot » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:13 am

Hi guys,
I've been reading the Wilderness and I found that I do not understand the way in which Tenacity is presented.
How should it work? Cause the description of usage of it is totally different from the example of use.
Let me explain.

Wilderness, page 40, 1st paragraph:
"After you have failed a contested risk, spend a Style Point. You discard all your wagers from that roll and, instead, gain a number of wagers equal to your Tenacity."

And on page 41, 2nd paragraph in the Example of Using Tenacity Wagers, we read:
"You roll dice and make wagers of Tenacity."

The hell?!
This is totally contradictionary. Maybe I misunderstood something - English is not my native language - but these two descriptions are different.
Can somebody explain this to me?
I'm lost In a wilderness here guys ;)
Lriot

Re: [Wilderness] How Tenacity works?

Postby Misery Rex » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:50 pm

The first example I believe is correct. The second is just a poorly worded restatement of the first.

You do roll the dice, whatever the virtue being rolled THEN if you fail you spend your style to make your Tenacity rating into wagers you can spend.

The book is edited horribly, missing referenced traits and tables. It really is pretty embarrassing, I doubt that anyone who contributed to the Kickstarter would have objected to waiting a bit longer for a properly finished product.
Misery Rex

Postby Lriot » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:28 am

Misery Rex wrote:The first example I believe is correct. The second is just a poorly worded restatement of the first.

You do roll the dice, whatever the virtue being rolled THEN if you fail you spend your style to make your Tenacity rating into wagers you can spend.

That's what I thought but I wanted to know what someone else thought about it.

The book is edited horribly, missing referenced traits and tables. It really is pretty embarrassing, I doubt that anyone who contributed to the Kickstarter would have objected to waiting a bit longer for a properly finished product.

The really sad part is that I wrote exactly about this mistake (and some others) after seeing the first version of Wilderness - when it was still only 126 pages long - and nothing. Somehow my mail never got to J.Wick even though I wrote to him three times ;(.

Anyway thanks for sharing your thoughts Rex :D.
Lriot

Postby Misery Rex » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:34 am

Yeah, I emailed him too regarding another matter and similarly got no response, yet my payment was processed promptly enough.
Misery Rex

Return to Houses of the Blooded: General Discussion