Play by post games?

For general topics about Houses. If it doesn't seem to go in any other forum, stick it in here.

Moderator: Snag

Play by post games?

Postby Alkalannar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:56 am

Are there any PbPs here? Or should I be looking elsewhere for them?
Alkalannar

Re: Play by post games?

Postby PandaDad » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:00 am

Alas, none of which I know! Solange had an ad up for one on another site (which I totally missed until about a year after she posted! Talk about blowing a Cunning risk...) and there's a googleplus group one recently posted. (Edit--see the thread started by judd_of_kryos, more or less immediately before this one!)

I, for one, would not be averse to something along those lines if someone got one going! I have this Blooded of the Bear I'd like to put through his paces...

PandaDad
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby dogmirian » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:25 pm

i am having withdrawl symptoms from houses, and i'm sure just one little game wouldn't hurt :P.
dogmirian

Postby PandaDad » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:25 am

That's three of us, then. All for one and one for all? Nawwwwwww...

Maybe we should cobble together a cabal-by-correspondence for Living Shanri or something. :D Switching to PM mode!
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby ladegard » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:40 pm

Actually, if any of you are on Google+, I'm trying to put together a HotB play-by-post. If you would be interested, drop me a line at tomladegard@gmail.com
ladegard

Postby Alkalannar » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:38 pm

There is going to be a game of PbP staring here, actually. All starters will be Bold. PandaDad, dogmirian, and I are going to be in.

I figure that since there's so much narrative control among the players anyway, the titular Narrator can switch from story to story as well.
Alkalannar

Postby PandaDad » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:37 am

ladegard wrote:Actually, if any of you are on Google+, I'm trying to put together a HotB play-by-post. If you would be interested, drop me a line at tomladegard@gmail.com

And we could use another player or two! Plenty of room. :D
PandaDad

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:53 pm

Have you guys started playing yet? What is the expected output rate for posts in the game?
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby PandaDad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:09 am

Unfortunately not. One of our number has but recently finished some exams. The other is nonresponsive. We still have a few bugs to work out on top of that...so I'm quite willing to cast about for either more folks, save that my talent for recruiting matches my ability to win games of Diplomacy whilst playing Austria. Which is to say, 'tis not my forte. :lol:

UPDATE: upon further research, it seems our silent partner has not visited the site in nearly a month (hopefully he's okay and just busy with real life), so we are looking for another player/narrator or two. (Correct me if I'm wrong, dogmirian...) As I recall, our hope was to rotate Narrators so that nobody got stuck with that role full-time.
PandaDad

Postby Astelle_Mwwr » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:38 am

I would love to play this :) Can you put me in the loop? I don't really have a character idea yet, but I would be fine with open sourcing it :)
Baroness Astelle Ru "If I had made the Bargain, I would have given up my Poison... is it too late for that?"
Baroness Gwanal Yvarai
Baroness Olivama Steele
Astelle_Mwwr

Next

Return to Houses of the Blooded: General Discussion