Season Actions 2.0

For general topics about Houses. If it doesn't seem to go in any other forum, stick it in here.

Moderator: Snag

Season Actions 2.0

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:02 pm

Ok, I'm opening this can of worms.

I am attempting to streamline the use of Season Actions so that they impact the game in a narrative way, rather than a bookkeeping way (which is fun as it is, but a whole other game in itself, i.e. "resource management board game").

What sort of thing would you like to see in this Season Actions 2.0?

In what ways have Season Actions impacted your game in a narrative way?

I will expand on my thoughts for this new Season Actions system in a day or two when I have time for a mini-essay.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Re: Season Actions 2.0

Postby shadowclasper » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:59 pm

Anything ever come of this?
shadowclasper

Re: Season Actions 2.0

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:34 am

Yup, I developed a Season Actions 2.0 which is very different, possibly a little too different. Essentially, Vassals, Provinces and other things grant you Free Traits (which work like Free Aspects) of various Rank. So for instance a Vassal could have a Trait that is "Sneaky" or "Tough" or "Elegant" and if the Vassal is in the scene, the character can add the rank as a Free Aspect and add dice to his/her dice pool for a Risk.
Obviously, in order to benefit from a Province Trait, the scene needs to take place in that Province.
Every season, a character can improve their own Aspects (they are also now called Traits and have Ranks going up to 5), or improve the Trait of a Province, Vassal or Thing.
That's it in a nutshell. It allowed me to run a game for characters who had a lot of Provinces and Vassals to keep track of and still get their Improvements through Season Actions under 15 mins, which was my goal.
I have some thoughts on how to improve it but no time to playtest those changes yet.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Return to Houses of the Blooded: General Discussion