Maneuvers for the Bow

For general topics about Houses. If it doesn't seem to go in any other forum, stick it in here.

Moderator: Snag

Maneuvers for the Bow

Postby Democritus » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:09 am

As mentioned elsewhere on this forum I was thinking about Ranged Maneuvers for the Sacred Tool. Of course defensive maneuvers are not really making much sense but there is a range of offensive stuff that could be interesting. It also gives those pesky falcons something to sink season actions into.

So what ideas do you guys have for possible maneuvers? I'm not talking mechanics, just ideas.

Injure
Disarm
Trick Shot (fancy stuff like shooting the rope of a candelabra or the apple from someones head)
Democritus

Re: Maneuvers for the Bow

Postby Harlequin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:46 am

The Blessing of "The Ironwood Bow" already allows ven to use Maneuvers with the bow. p. 318

Since there's no distinction made, it seems up close they can use the bow for defense and aggression just like a sword, but they have the additional benefit of aggressive maneuvers from a distance...

i.e. Sap and Disarm

as far as the Trick Shot, that can be handled with left-over Wagers.

... but I could be totally off-base on this. Anyone else?
Harlequin

Postby JohnWick » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:47 am

Harlequin wrote:The Blessing of "The Ironwood Bow" already allows ven to use Maneuvers with the bow. p. 318

Since there's no distinction made, it seems up close they can use the bow for defense and aggression just like a sword, but they have the additional benefit of aggressive maneuvers from a distance...

i.e. Sap and Disarm

as far as the Trick Shot, that can be handled with left-over Wagers.

... but I could be totally off-base on this. Anyone else?

That's what I was going to say.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Democritus » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:19 am

Yeah I know but I kinda wanted some cool ranged-combat unique maneuvers.
But maybe this isn't such a good idea. It was just some random thought I liked. I'll give it some more brain-time.
Democritus

Return to Houses of the Blooded: General Discussion