HotB Reference Doc

For general topics about Houses. If it doesn't seem to go in any other forum, stick it in here.

Moderator: Snag

HotB Reference Doc

Postby JohnWick » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:45 am

I want to put together a reference doc for HotBlooded. Here's how I'm going to do it.

First, Richard, sticky this thread. I can never figure out how to do that. :)

Second, the reference doc will be a free PDF download on this website.

Third, I want help. Tell me what you want in that doc. Obviously, all the Maneuvers in a list as well as what all the colors mean and the Six Laws and the step-by-step Dueling System/Mass Murder System, etc. Let's start a list. Any and all suggestions are worthwhile.

I want to make the booklet no more than 48 pages, so we have to be discerning about what goes into it. I can also include the FAQ in the end.

All right. Let's get started. What do you want in the free reference PDF?
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Re: HotB Reference Doc

Postby Snag » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:17 am

Maneuvers and pre-reqs.
    Color meanings.
    Dueling system.
    Mass Murder system.
    List of ven vocabulary.
    List of suaven and blessings. (Including new ones that have been added on the blog)
    Compressed version of season actions, region types and what they produce, holdings and what benefit they give, etc.
    Romance system.
    Character creation summary.
    Sorcerous rituals.
    Game of Knives system.
    List of sample Artifacts for those that are hesitant to try and invent their own.
    Ork creation page.
    A sample list of Things That Are True, (for harried GMs and players with brainfreeze).
    Complete list of ven names, (including the ones invented somewhere on these forums. I think Ashkelion(sp?) was the one that cobbled more of those together).
    Steps for getting permission for Revenge. (Right next to the Romance section, of course).

As always, more if I think of 'em. And, of course, these should be as stripped of flavor text as possible. Just bare bones mechanics and/or definitions.
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby JohnWick » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:29 am

Snag wrote:As always, more if I think of 'em. And, of course, these should be as stripped of flavor text as possible. Just bare bones mechanics and/or definitions.

Actually, Snag, I was counting on you to be the project manager on this.

There's money in it. :D
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Snag » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:33 am

JohnWick wrote:
Actually, Snag, I was counting on you to be the project manager on this.

There's money in it. :D

Your ideas are intriuging to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. :geek:
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby Saint&Sinner » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:44 pm

Please include the debate rules.
Saint&Sinner

Postby Richard » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:12 pm

Stickied.

And I'll throw an idea into the ring... How about a GM screen? Sure, as a pdf, all you'd get are the inserts, but there's a company (I think related to Pinnacle somehow or another) that makes a GM screen that you can slide the inserts into and voila! It's rather expensive though... $30 I think.
"Someone smarter than me once said that heroes are cowards, just like everyone else, but their conscience gets in the way."

Jefferson Carter

Weekend Hero - my gaming sites, forums, and blog.
Richard
Site Admin

Postby Snag » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Richard wrote:Stickied.

And I'll throw an idea into the ring... How about a GM screen? Sure, as a pdf, all you'd get are the inserts, but there's a company (I think related to Pinnacle somehow or another) that makes a GM screen that you can slide the inserts into and voila! It's rather expensive though... $30 I think.

I'll keep an eye in that direction, but I think John has plans in the direction of a player/GM screen.
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby Saint&Sinner » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:16 pm

Please also include the rules for friends, adding scene aspects, throwing insult, and the list of aspects with just invoke, tag, compels.
Saint&Sinner

Postby Saint&Sinner » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:29 pm

The rules for researching sorcerous rituals and artifacts would also be appreciated. A list of the rituals and artifact qualities in the book would help. Ork rules and traits maybe a few samples if this is for a wide audience. Everything you can use a style point listed in the book.
Saint&Sinner

Postby Democritus » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:15 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure the Manuevers need to be in there. The players should generally know what their maneuvers do - after all they look them up before they decide to learn them.

Instead what I think needs to be in there are the general mechanics that come up infrequently but regularly. Those you should know but don't cause they don't happen every time.

My wishlist (at the top of my head) for this is:
- Romance
- Insults
- Opera
- Seasons Overview (actions, vassals)
- Duels
Democritus

Next

Return to Houses of the Blooded: General Discussion