Favorite House?

For general topics about Houses. If it doesn't seem to go in any other forum, stick it in here.

Moderator: Snag

What's your favorite House so far?

Bear
7%
Elk
21%
Falcon
16%
Fox
13%
Serpent
20%
Wolf
12%
A Veiled House
10%

Total votes : 89

Favorite House?

Postby Richard » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:34 pm

I think it's time for our first poll. It's a simple one, and the sort of thing that inevitably always happens with games of this nature.

What's your favorite House so far, and why? Click the answer and explain your rationale if you like.

Richard
"Someone smarter than me once said that heroes are cowards, just like everyone else, but their conscience gets in the way."

Jefferson Carter

Weekend Hero - my gaming sites, forums, and blog.
Richard
Site Admin

Re: Favorite House?

Postby scowilli5 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:08 pm

The only house allowed to study blood magic. That's a big deal.
Blooded of the Tree frog
Action is eloquence.
William Shakespeare Should be a Ven quote
scowilli5

Postby Skaldsaga » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:56 pm

One of the veiled Houses. Which one? Well, you'll just have to be patient. :D
I stopped fighting the inner demons. We’re on the same side now.
Skaldsaga

Postby Ashkelion-Yvarai » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:01 am

House of the Fox. They are beautiful. And there's the cool motto "Never enough!"
"No rulebook has deserved the name 'rules bible' more than 'Houses of the Blooded'." (a friend about all the discussions, corrections and additions to the HotB rules on the forums and in our gaming group)
Ashkelion-Yvarai

Postby JLHBurnett » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:49 pm

These days, when I actually get the chance to play, rather than GM, I like to play martial characters. So House Wolf is my choice. I'm really interested to see what secrets the Veiled Houses hold, though.
-Joshua LH Burnett-

http://www.HexGames.com
JLHBurnett

Postby blooded_jason » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:59 pm

House Elk. I like maintaining the balance between nobility and megalomania, between reveling in power and wielding it honorably.
Generation Speedkill (Nice day for a public suicide!)
blooded_jason

Postby JohnWick » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:51 am

Fox.

I'm currently translating The Great and Terrible Life of Shara Yvarai, Volume 1, so I'm biased.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Nimea » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:23 am

I voted for the House of Elk - I do have a character that belongs to that house. But really, chosing the favorite House of mine is not so easy . . .

The problem is: I really can only say which House interests me the least. That would be Serpent. Not only because the group I am playing with has way too many Serpents but also because at this moment every other house sounds more interesting to me.
I really really like Elk. But Fox comes second - and then there is Falcon and Bear wich both are mostly ignored by the players in my entourage. Bear especially. Wolf is also interesting but for the moment a bit too much of a fighter.

The next character I would like to play is either Bear or Falcon. Well, there is another test group coming up. ;)

And we will see what Houses will be chosen by the new players that I will start my own group with. (The start for that was supposed to be today but was then delayed. Now the date we aim for is September 14th.)
Nimea

Postby Ashkelion-Yvarai » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:39 am

Nimea wrote:But Fox comes second - and then there is Falcon and Bear wich both are mostly ignored by the players in my entourage.

Your entourage. I bet your companions will be quiet delighted to hear that Aud considers them to be hers. ;)
"No rulebook has deserved the name 'rules bible' more than 'Houses of the Blooded'." (a friend about all the discussions, corrections and additions to the HotB rules on the forums and in our gaming group)
Ashkelion-Yvarai

Postby Nimea » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:42 am

Well, so far I am not another player's entourage, am I. And one has to have goals . . .

:mrgreen:
Nimea

Next

Return to Houses of the Blooded: General Discussion