Favorite House?

For general topics about Houses. If it doesn't seem to go in any other forum, stick it in here.

Moderator: Snag

What's your favorite House so far?

Bear
7%
Elk
21%
Falcon
16%
Fox
13%
Serpent
20%
Wolf
12%
A Veiled House
10%

Total votes : 89

Re: Favorite House?

Postby grimjaws » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:07 am

Snag wrote:That could be a separate thread, certainly! But, the favorite House riff seems to be a matter of what sorts of qualities and philosophies each house holds dear.
That was it for me. I've just begun reading and assimilating this game. Incidentally I bought the pdf a while ago, and it just got shuffled away until I opened it up and I was hooked.
grimjaws

Postby philoponeria » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:09 am

I'm new here but figured I'd chime in anyway.

I like the idea of a patient Spider house. I think that there is flavor there. Unfortunately in the whirlwind world of the ven I think that playing a plotter may be a bit dry depending on who you are playing with.

So, barring that I like the Fox for now.
philoponeria

Postby MadHatter » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:00 am

I am not that deeply into the matter until now, mostly because I just found this RPG yesterday through the anounce that a Testing-Round will be proposed at the biggest RPG Con in Germany. But after carefully reading the Preview-Book I'll go for Elk, because I like the whole "Fallen from the Top and rising to the top again in this very moment" theme.
MadHatter

Postby wunderworks » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:24 am

Kol Rusu wrote:Bear House, baby. I get an awesome Stark vibe from them.

I want to play a young bear with an ancestral Bloodsword, protecting the North from the Orks and Hyperboreans at the edge of civilization. And a pet Raven, of course ;)

Aspect: "Winter is Coming."

Standing on the shoulders of Ogres I see. ;-) Let's hope your ogre doesn't die before he finishes his work. I do have to say that his initial idea and setting are quite excellent.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Ramidel » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:14 am

The Elk think themselves cunning. They are merely too clever by half. The plans of the Serpent are woven deeper than they can even comprehend.

The Falcon think themselves courageous. They are merely brash. The Serpent have known horrors that would wither their manhood to nothing. And they have loved them.

The Fox think themselves beautiful. They are merely vain. The wisdom of the Serpent paints a tapestry richer and more vivid than any desire the Fox has aroused.

The Bear think themselves strong. They are merely brutish. The leverage a Serpent can exercise can cast aside boulders that a hundred Bear could not lift.

The Wolf think themselves invincible. They are merely rigid. They will come against the terrible power of the Serpent, and their blood will stain the soil.
Ramidel

Postby wunderworks » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:09 pm

Ramidel wrote:The Elk think themselves cunning. They are merely too clever by half. The plans of the Serpent are woven deeper than they can even comprehend.

The Falcon think themselves courageous. They are merely brash. The Serpent have known horrors that would wither their manhood to nothing. And they have loved them.

The Fox think themselves beautiful. They are merely vain. The wisdom of the Serpent paints a tapestry richer and more vivid than any desire the Fox has aroused.

The Bear think themselves strong. They are merely brutish. The leverage a Serpent can exercise can cast aside boulders that a hundred Bear could not lift.

The Wolf think themselves invincible. They are merely rigid. They will come against the terrible power of the Serpent, and their blood will stain the soil.

The Serpent think themselves wise. They are merely presumptuous. They will declare that they know how to rule Shanri, and will be ignored by the rest.

/says the guy who's played almost nothing but Serpents. ^_^
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Kyocera Ru » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:43 pm

The Bear are strong. There is no belief involved. When you have stood against great strength, then you too are strong.

The Elk appear to think themselves cunning. This is a ruse. The Elk actually knows he is far more cunning than you think he thinks he is.

The Falcon does not believe they are courageous. To believe such would mean they noticed when they overcame their petty fears.

The Fox believe they are beautiful. Those who do not share this belief are themselves ugly.

The Serpent are wise because they realize they know nothing. This nothing is more wisdom than you shall ever learn.

The Wolf do not have prowess. They are prowess. Blade, hand, mind, body, these are all the same thing.

And the Ven... the Ven believe all these things are true. And that is their downfall.
Jeffrey Witthauer
Evil Narrator of Knoxville, TN

Play Blood & Tears at Dragon*Con 2011!
Kyocera Ru

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:30 am

Kyocera Ru wrote:The Elk appear to think themselves cunning. This is a ruse. The Elk actually knows he is far more cunning than you think he thinks he is.

Now THIS is truth. Forget what other ven believe... Truth I tell you!
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby PandaDad » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:22 pm

In the absence of any House of the Panda, I must go with the Serpent...but ask me another day and I may say Elk or Fox.

There are simply no 'bad' choices among the Houses; that is, I don't look at any of the Houses and say to myself 'why on earth would someone want to play that'. That usually happens to me in games that center on competing factions...but not here, which is all to the good.

PandaDad
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby Tshanja » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:34 am

I voted for Serpent, but it was a tough call.

I like they are all about politics, intrigue, and sorcery. I also like the idea that despite being all about sorcery, they are the most vocal about the need for it to be forbidden and illegal (for everyone else, obviously), and have managed to get it outlawed except for their own use (so they can make sure nobody abuses it, of course).
Tshanja

PreviousNext

Return to Houses of the Blooded: General Discussion