Favorite House?

For general topics about Houses. If it doesn't seem to go in any other forum, stick it in here.

Moderator: Snag

What's your favorite House so far?

Bear
7%
Elk
21%
Falcon
16%
Fox
13%
Serpent
20%
Wolf
12%
A Veiled House
10%

Total votes : 89

Re: Favorite House?

Postby adidasfiend » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:21 pm

My biggest concern about the veiled houses is the introduction of new virtues. Its a well know secret that Spider house will have the virtue of patience. Does this replace one of the other virtues in essence giving you 2 weaknesses? What about the other 3 veiled houses? Their virtues will be weaknesses for other houses. So you will have 4 virtues and 5 weaknesses. I guess I'm going to have to wait to see how it all pans out.
Yes John I have faith, but like you I'm a skeptic that must ask questions.
adidasfiend

Postby JohnWick » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:41 am

adidasfiend wrote:My biggest concern about the veiled houses is the introduction of new virtues. Its a well know secret that Spider house will have the virtue of patience. Does this replace one of the other virtues in essence giving you 2 weaknesses? What about the other 3 veiled houses? Their virtues will be weaknesses for other houses. So you will have 4 virtues and 5 weaknesses. I guess I'm going to have to wait to see how it all pans out.
Yes John I have faith, but like you I'm a skeptic that must ask questions.

How the Veiled Virtues work out is still a mystery, but I'll give you a glimpse under the veil soon enough.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby JohnWick » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:45 am

Bob wrote:But, you know... That's just the idea of "veiled houses" in general, I'd like to clarify. If you were to tell me the veiled houses were Parakeet, Squirrel, Roach, and Poop-Flinger Monkey, I might be inclined to pick Wolf or Bear. Yeah, bring me a Bear and I'll make him a man-wolf or some such!

I'm Bob. Again.

Trust me: they won't be squirrel, roach, parakeet or monkey.

Two of them will be unveiled in the Slumming book and the third will be unveiled in the Wilderness book.

If I say anything about the fourth until it's unveiled, the word "TRAITOR" will burn on my forehead for a year and a day.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Mishka » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:51 am

JohnWick wrote:If I say anything about the fourth until it's unveiled, the word "TRAITOR" will burn on my forehead for a year and a day.

Doesn't that count as information about the Fourth House? *grins*

I would think the Veiled Virtues are something like Free Aspects... but unfortunately, reading thoughts of the game designers isn't one of my talents... as of yet.
Mishka

Postby Ashkelion-Yvarai » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:55 am

Again, I think the veiled houses correspond to the olivana, the sacred animals of the ven. The animals of the six houses are in there. As is Spider. So I think it's going to be Wasp, Spider, Boar and Cat. The Dragon has a special place in mythology, thus not really making for a good house. And Horse doesn't really sound like a good house.
"No rulebook has deserved the name 'rules bible' more than 'Houses of the Blooded'." (a friend about all the discussions, corrections and additions to the HotB rules on the forums and in our gaming group)
Ashkelion-Yvarai

Postby wunderworks » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:10 pm

I would just like to note that there was no option for "All of the Above." That would be my choice.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Richard » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:44 pm

Ha ha! Kobayashi Maru! I changed the rules.

Now you may re-vote in the poll any time ya like. ;)
"Someone smarter than me once said that heroes are cowards, just like everyone else, but their conscience gets in the way."

Jefferson Carter

Weekend Hero - my gaming sites, forums, and blog.
Richard
Site Admin

Postby Rob Justice » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:36 am

I voted for Falcon. I have my reasons, but secrets are power. :D
Rob Justice

Postby NeoSamurai » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:25 am

I dunno. So far I like the concepts of Falcon and Serpent. For the Falcon, they came out of the wilderness after a self-imposed exile to get some power. There's a story there that hints at some juicy secrets (internal civil war within the House? an impending threat that the Earl wants to prepare the rest of the Houses for?) that would be interesting to play with as both Narrator or player.

As for the Serpent? They get to play with the symbolic fire which is always good for tragic stories. They can be the devils for some interesting Faustian power plays :) First taste of secret knowledge is free. Second taste will cost you...
NeoSamurai

Postby matser » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:44 am

Instead of picking a favorite House, wouldn't it be fun to pick a favorite weakness? Far more consequential, it would seem.
matser

PreviousNext

Return to Houses of the Blooded: General Discussion