Live Action Rules?

For general topics about Houses. If it doesn't seem to go in any other forum, stick it in here.

Moderator: Snag

Live Action Rules?

Postby JLHBurnett » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:01 am

I remember listening to a podcast interview with John Wick--I'm pretty sure it was the Sons of Kryos--where he briefly discussed live-action rules for Houses of the Blooded. I recall him mentioning that each live-action session would take place at a different noble's castle and household guards that would subdue any trouble-making PCs who try to illegally kill other PCs (a problem that has plagued every Vampire LARP I've even been in, which is one of the main reasons why I stopped LARPing).

Can we look forward to seeing a future supplement for playing HotB live action? I'm especially interested in the prospect since a friend of mine recently stated renting an old, small Masonic Hall and decorated it with his sword collction. Perfect perfect perfect LARP environment.

I'm curious to see how one goes about converting the dice mechanics to something more useful for a live-action venue. Coordinating seasonal actions for 12-20 people seems like it could be sightly troublesome too.
-Joshua LH Burnett-

http://www.HexGames.com
JLHBurnett

Re: Live Action Rules?

Postby JohnWick » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:42 am

The live action rules, Blood and Tears (as in, "this can only end in...") will be available shortly. I'm working on them now, playtesting them soon.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Re: Live Action Rules?

Postby JLHBurnett » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:09 am

JohnWick wrote:The live action rules, Blood and Tears (as in, "this can only end in...") will be available shortly. I'm working on them now, playtesting them soon.

Excellent! I can't wait to see i!
-Joshua LH Burnett-

http://www.HexGames.com
JLHBurnett

Return to Houses of the Blooded: General Discussion