Cat RPG (and EoS playtest) at CopperCon

General discussion and chit-chat for any other book or game John has wriiten or been a major part of.

Moderator: Snag

Cat RPG (and EoS playtest) at CopperCon

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:49 am

I'll be running two games of John Wick's Cat (as well as a playtest for the 'Explorers of Shanri' HotB Supplement) at the upcoming CopperCon in Mesa, AZ. (http://www.casfs.org/cucon/index.html)
Individual game info below! (all games held at TABLE R5)

The Thing in the Mirror
Day - Saturday
Time - 1PM-5PM
System - Cat RPG
Players - 3 to 5 players. Ages 10 and up
Synopsis - A neighborhood cat thought dead comes to warn the other local pets about where he’s been and what he’s up against... A boggin that isn’t like any other, and is too much for only one cat to overcome.
Will the neighborhood cats be successful as they face the Thing in the Mirror?!

Explorers of Shanri
Day - Saturday
Time - 6PM-10PM
System - Houses of the Blooded RPG
Players - 3 to 5 players. Ages 13 and up
Synopsis - In the John Wick tradition of "Dirty Dungeons", the players build their own dungeon, then do their best overcoming its dangers, traps and monsters... Or not!
As a Priest of Ashthuura Thorne, you have been tasked with the exploration of ancient ruins of the Sorcerer King!

The Secret of Drax Manor
Day - Sunday
Time - 1PM-5PM
System - Cat RPG
Players - 3 to 5 players. Ages 10 and up
Synopsis - The Pet Adoption agency delivers a group of cats to Drax Manor, a creepy ancient mansion in a sunless vale. The Drax family seems just as ancient and creepy as Drax Manor itself!
Will the cats attempt an escape from the premises, or will they investigate the Secret of Drax Manor?!

CopperCon is not a gaming convention but it has a gaming track. If you plan on going, check out the games!
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Re: Cat RPG (and EoS playtest) at CopperCon

Postby Bards-Tale » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:09 pm

I would love to join in the Saturday Houses game and the Sunday Cats game. I will say, though, I have only played Houses LARP (though I have read the whole book) but have not played or read Cats, but I am a fast learner. If this is not ok, that is cool, I understand, but thought I would throw it out there just so the GM would know :)
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:25 pm

Here's the awesome part: I've never run Cat before and will likely be underprepared but it will still be a blast.

As for the Houses tabletop game, I will have semi-pregens for it and you'll get to experience at least some of the feel for the tabletop. It's going to be a playtest for Explorers of Shanri, so it will not be like your typical social machinations type Houses game. Or maybe it will! Who knows! I only run what the players bring to the table!

Either way, it'll be good to see a familiar face at the gaming table :)
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Bards-Tale » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:40 pm

XD that is awesome for the Cats game!
It will be fun, I am just glad Paul gave me the opportunity to come down and all (even if Mesa is on the other side of the world for me :lol: )
I'll see you in a few days :)
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Return to John Wick's Other Books and Games