Byron Falls

General discussion and chit-chat for any other book or game John has wriiten or been a major part of.

Moderator: Snag

Byron Falls

Postby Charlie_EN » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:39 pm

I have only just skimmed Byron Falls. I admit there are a couple of places which I might get my red pen out, but I think I'm playtest-twitchy since role-playing with some guys who love them some rules. I know the faceciousness of one player in particular saying "Well, what if Jemima Blouse has Threnody Hopegood as a 3 point friend, but Threnody only has her as a 1 point friend?" and wondering what's there. My assumption would be that Jemima has more invested in the friendship than Threnody, and that's that. I don't know if it needs stating, but it's the kind of thing my persnickety player loves to point out. Especially in my writing. If he didn't bring cherry pie for Twin Peaks night, I'd begin to wonder why I kept him around.

I originally intended for this Thursday to be Fiasco night as we've not got enough people for Blood and Thrones but damn you Wick, I think I'll campaign to have this be the game for the night. I can tell it'll be an uphill struggle. Is anyone else expecting to actually run or play this game, or is it here out of a dare and morbid fascination?

Either way, if I can get three 20-30-something men to role-play 14-15 year old girls in two days time, there's so going to be an actual play. It wouldn't be the first time, but still, this might take the cake.

Oh, and I didn't expect that bit at the 'lastly'. Well played, Mr Wick. Well played...
Charlie_EN

Re: Byron Falls

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:00 pm

I am hoping to play/run this game soon.

- Fabien a.k.a. Mannon Python
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Bards-Tale » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Nihilistic Mind wrote:I am hoping to play/run this game soon.

Good thing I am looking at running soon
Charlotte a.k.a. Diana Rosensteel :D
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Postby wunderworks » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:55 am

Bards-Tale wrote:
Nihilistic Mind wrote:I am hoping to play/run this game soon.

Good thing I am looking at running soon
Charlotte a.k.a. Diana Rosensteel :D

Whoot!

Ben aka I need to find out what my name is.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:28 am

Morgan Starbuck of course :)
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Return to John Wick's Other Books and Games