Game of Thrones + HotB

General discussion and chit-chat for any other book or game John has wriiten or been a major part of.

Moderator: Snag

Game of Thrones + HotB

Postby aprogressivist » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:19 am

So with the recent release of the Game of Thrones series, I've remembered a pet project of mine: Game of Thrones setting with HotB rules. You know it makes sense!

I don't think you'd need to change much at all -- perhaps just the Suaven Blessings, which would be replaced by B&H-like Advantages?
aprogressivist

Re: Game of Thrones + HotB

Postby wunderworks » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:50 am

Using B&H style advantages instead of Blessings sounds almost perfect! :D
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Black King » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Agreed. I've been reading the books lately and remembered your old thread. Advantages would be an excellent change, maybe make a few in-theme new ones. Other than that the rest is just fine tuning, changing the flavor and just minor tweaking of rules instead of stripping them. I think just going chapter by chapter and seeing if anything needed to be tweaked would be the way to go, as some minor changes to regions and vassals could be good.

Also, what do you want to do about sorcery and artifacts? Valyoran steel is about the only thing that still fits, in my mind, and they're more than a bit different than Bloodswords.
Black King

Postby wunderworks » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Black King wrote:Agreed. I've been reading the books lately and remembered your old thread. Advantages would be an excellent change, maybe make a few in-theme new ones. Other than that the rest is just fine tuning, changing the flavor and just minor tweaking of rules instead of stripping them. I think just going chapter by chapter and seeing if anything needed to be tweaked would be the way to go, as some minor changes to regions and vassals could be good.

Also, what do you want to do about sorcery and artifacts? Valyoran steel is about the only thing that still fits, in my mind, and they're more than a bit different than Bloodswords.

Drop it, only make what's available in AGoT available in your game. No need to have things that are not present in the world. It'd ruin the immersion. :)
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Return to John Wick's Other Books and Games