Shotgun Diaries

General discussion and chit-chat for any other book or game John has wriiten or been a major part of.

Moderator: Snag

Shotgun Diaries

Postby Charlie_EN » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:40 am

John Wick? Zombies? Hell yes.

I was planning on running a Left4Dead style AMFBE game set in my home town. Now it might have to wait.

Does anyone know any details other than "John Wick" and "Zombies"?
Charlie_EN

Re: Shotgun Diaries

Postby TheDragonMaster » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:27 am

Wish I did. I missed out on a chance to playtest this game a while back.
TheDragonMaster

Postby wunderworks » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:09 pm

Charlie_EN wrote:John Wick? Zombies? Hell yes.

I was planning on running a Left4Dead style AMFBE game set in my home town. Now it might have to wait.

You play survivors and build your character around an archetype (He-Man Survivor, The Professor Survivor, Gun Nut Survivor). The game has a real-time element called the Zombie Clock (sort of reminds me of the Dirty Dungeon which is wicked cool). The group of players are definitely playing against the ZM (Zombie Master) who's job it is is to set-up bad situations for them to deal with. Also there is a major mechanic in the game called Fear, which is also awesome and flows seamlessly into the game. Finally, the game is called The Shotgun Diaries for a specific in-game reason. ^_^
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby JohnWick » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:04 am

wunderworks wrote:

You play survivors and build your character around an archetype (He-Man Survivor, The Professor Survivor, Gun Nut Survivor). The game has a real-time element called the Zombie Clock (sort of reminds me of the Dirty Dungeon which is wicked cool). The group of players are definitely playing against the ZM (Zombie Master) who's job it is is to set-up bad situations for them to deal with. Also there is a major mechanic in the game called Fear, which is also awesome and flows seamlessly into the game. Finally, the game is called The Shotgun Diaries for a specific in-game reason. ^_^

(Nice sum up without spoilers, Ben. Polite applause.)

The Shotgun Diaries is a system for playing zombie survival horror. There's much more I have on it, which will be included in my "horror anthology" game: A Game Called Fear later this year.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby wunderworks » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:29 am

JohnWick wrote:
wunderworks wrote:

(Nice sum up without spoilers, Ben. Polite applause.)

The Shotgun Diaries is a system for playing zombie survival horror. There's much more I have on it, which will be included in my "horror anthology" game: A Game Called Fear later this year.

Thanks, I was trying to hit the high points without ruining the fun of reading the game. ^_^
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:19 pm

I might run it this Friday depending on how many players end up showing up.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby TheDragonMaster » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:26 pm

And here I am stuck at home! :-(
TheDragonMaster

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:30 pm

You're making it sound like it'll be the only instance of me running the game... That's not the case. Soon my friend.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby TheDragonMaster » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:36 pm

Yeah, but without a permanent job, I can't make it over there at all (no money for fuel).
TheDragonMaster

Postby Saint&Sinner » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:28 am

Got it. But, did not get anyone to bite to actually play/run the thing. Dang!
Saint&Sinner

Next

Return to John Wick's Other Books and Games