Crown of Roses, Scepter of Thorns (Play By Post Game)

In-Character discussions and posts for Living Shanri Characters

Moderators: Snag, Nihilistic Mind

Re: Crown of Roses, Scepter of Thorns (Play By Post Game)

Postby dogmirian » Wed May 28, 2014 4:14 pm

"As always. A Orc tribe has surfaced in the Golden Sea, and the Ruks are now terrified; you know how Ruks are, a spring breeze from Shanri would send them hiding inside their huts. Though, for the gossips defense my niece is truly exaggerating, she'd have you think the sorcerer kings were returning by the way she waxes on about it. I'd truly wish she'd direct that talent of her's towards her writing, or dare I hope a hobby of opera writing. The Suaven bless her heart it is the only thing she will likely be good at the way she ignores her studies."

As the talk died down into the niceties of a couple of yvestra talking about a condemned ytola relative Tzao noticed in the crowd, who is that woman talking to Tyrn?
dogmirian

Postby PandaDad » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:29 pm

She laughs softly and shakes her head.

"Alas! That's worse than I'd expected. Perhaps I can arrange a suitable distraction for her? I know a lovely pair of young barons, bold as anyone's business, in need of a calm and steady head seated in the throne next to theirs to stop them from running mindlessly amok and frightening the veth. Not that I would ever dream of interfering in your family's affairs, of course, but a gentle word at the right moment..."

She pauses, smirks a little.

"Mother insists that I ought to have been an Elk. Do forgive me for plotting reflexively, won't you?"

+ + +

Three Things about the woman talking to Tyrn
1. She's clad in dark blue.
2. She's in Winter.
3. She wears the badge of an Elk on a chain around her neck.
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby JRoss » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:53 pm

Alanya arrives by chariot, with the wind streaming through his hair and laughter on his face. He wears a cloth hat that trails from his head over each shoulder, a lavender kilt with green trim and a wide gold collar set with stones. Over his eyes Alanya wears emerald-iridescent shadow that contrasts nicely with his deep brown skin.

He presents his gift to the seneschal. It is a clock set into a portrait of woman of indeterminate house. The clock turns gears that move a set of large colored lenses behind the portrait. The portrait is done on nearly-sheer silk. As the lenses change the appearance of the woman seems to change, too, from Spring to Summer to Autumn to Winter by highlighting or muting different details based on color.

Alanya takes notice of the rushing artist, who he had followed in, and of the group speaking with a lovely Fox. While he's curious about the artist, the group seems quite interesting. Alanya determines that he will attempt to greet them.

He stands a polite distance away, close enough to make his interest known but far enough to not seem intrusive.
JRoss

Postby PandaDad » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:11 pm

"But look you, Tzao! A friend approaches. Or is he a pet of some sort?"

The Fox grins, mischief dancing in her eyes as she turns to regard Alanya and holds one hand out to him in expectation of a gesture of courtesy.

"I had heard you might attend, Lord Alanya, but feared you might find the road in this season perilous. Have you greeted our hostess yet? No matter. She will seek you out when she desires an audience."
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby JRoss » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:26 pm

Alanya stoops to kiss the offered hand, "I have not yet had the pleasure, I'm afraid. And I do hope that I will merit an audience. And the word for the roads this Season would be "exhilirating," I think. I am Alanya Steele, Baron of Ahaya."

Alanya stops to address the other woman before his neglect becomes rude, "Lady Tzao, a pleasure. I hope that the Suaven send their Blessings."
JRoss

Postby dogmirian » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Lady Tzao gave a benign smile, her hands starting to raise similar to the fox, before turning into a courtesy.
"The Suaven, indeed, have not favored me this year, although I've reeped much from the land, it is not how you would say, Invigorating."
Tzao's eyes darted along Alanya, resting on his smile; though she looked more at his teeth than his lips. Giving a flickering look at his emerald encrusted eyes before returning back to the Fox.
dogmirian

Postby PandaDad » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:25 pm

The Fox laughs musically, accepting Alanya's kiss.

"My, my! Has my baby brother been giving lessons again? Lady Isla Yvarai, Baroness...and Heir Presumptive, for what that's worth. Lady Tzao has the unfortunate burden of having attended academy with my younger brother. It makes us nearly siblings in misfortune, don't you think?"
PandaDad

Postby JRoss » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:30 pm

"Siblings in misfortune- perhaps a new set of fools for the opera? Say, did any of you see that artist running through here?"
JRoss

Postby PandaDad » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:33 pm

Lady Isla laughs merrily, hiding her face behind her ornate fan.

"Ahhhh. It seems we've found a gentleman with wits about him! I do appreciate that in a man."

Still chuckling, she seems to contemplate Alanya's other question.

"Certes, no. But I heard a rumor that there was going to be some manner of entertainment tonight. Why? Do you know the man?"
PandaDad

Previous

Return to In Character