Rumors

In-Character discussions and posts for Living Shanri Characters

Moderators: Snag, Nihilistic Mind

Rumors

Postby Snag » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:51 pm

They travel on winged feet, passing through the land as fast as merchants, guards, soldiers, sailors, boats, horses, carriages and nobles can carry them. Rumors make the world go 'round, keep everyone informed of what their neighbors near and far are up to, and are infinately more entertaining than the modern conveniences of television and radio. Use this thread to post rumors for your game, things that might have filtered out of the area and into other lands.

Narrators, feel free to drop some plot hooks for general consumption, and don't feel compelled to give accurate information, purple-monkey-dishwasher.

Players, please check with your Narrator before you get a rumor going, just in case he's got something in the works that would contradict or negate it.

As with everything else in the Living campaign, all rumors are subject to the approval of the Master Narrator.

(Rich - One more sticky post?)
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Re: Rumors

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:47 pm

Spring Rumors from Ralirynaga:

* A new play, 'Daring Rescue', is a real hit with the ruk of Ralirynaga.

* The play is a satire of ven Opera, although it mocks one Opera in particular.

* There is rumor of coming war and mobilizing armies... Much like everywhere else in Shanri.

* There is already amazing potential in the wines of Ralirynaga for the coming year.

* There is a group of bandits or saboteurs out to 'kill the competition' among the different wine makers and their vineyards.

* Maja Adrente has conquered a Serpent Olivana and has not been seen since returning to his castle.
Last edited by Nihilistic Mind on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Keith Fyans » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:27 am

Spring Rumour from Tir Torigh:

The veth talk to one another, and their words reach even Blooded ears...

Baron Aban, the Younger Eshu, has meddled in things that have been long left to lie. Some hear that the Barons own lack of wisdom has caused doom to be brought his Household and spread the whole length of Tir Torigh. Others state that his only oversight is in showing favour to a scholar who deals in dark magics. In all stories the ancient Ruins of Doom have been at the centre of it all.

Spectres and Ghosts of a time best left undisturbed now roost in the swamps and fens.
Last edited by Keith Fyans on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby JohnWick » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:16 am

A "Suaven of Fear" has been discovered in a cavern under the Capital City...
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:57 pm

Summer Rumors from Ralirynaga:

* The Sabotage of Wine reserves in Ralirynaga continues when a way station holding a winery is burned to the ground.

* A gem mine is closed as saboteurs hang the most vicious yellow-colored ribbons within it. The ruk are afraid to return to the mines, even as the saboteurs are driven away.

* Rali Yvarai's Summer Althua, held in celebration of the safe return of his Countess' son, promises to be one of the finest summer gatherings of the Archipelago. Many rumors surrounding the Althua itself have traveled along with the invitations sent to the four corners of Shanri.

* Ork have been found traveling through the archipelago, making the provinces there more dangerous than expected.

* A body was found mutilated and possibly sacrificed near a forgotten entrance of Countess Dosajee Steele's Castle.
Last edited by Nihilistic Mind on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Rumors about Rali Yvarai's Summer Althua:

* The Althua is held in celebration of the safe return of Countess Dosajee Steele's son.

* The Countess Dosajee Steele's fourth husband has been killed in the Spring during a hunt. Though she was not present, the Countess is rumored to have killed the husband. Her lover has disappeared in the Spring and is rumored to have been killed as well.

* The Countess has commissioned a red and gold dress in anticipation of the celebration.

* Rali Yvarai has not rested in preparation of the Althua and the Opera he has been working on.

* The Countess' son the celebration is held for is unblooded, but will soon come of age. He is one of two (in other words, twins).

* The Countess confronted her Court Scholar after suffering the ill effects of a Blood Curse.

* Rali Yvarai's entire Province is assailed by The Storm. A handful survive.

* The Storm has ravaged Rali's lands beyond repair and all that was his is entirely lost.
Last edited by Nihilistic Mind on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Keith Fyans » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:56 pm

Tir Torigh: The Summer of Discontent

• Ancient black ruins have risen from the swamps of the land
  • Ork have been appearing in the midst of the land without explanation
  • The young Lord Eshu has a curse upon his head
  • Lady Chia has recently graduated and will have be presented this Winter
  • Sailors talk of pirates harassing the Southern Seas
  • Many nobles are unhappy with lord Eshu due to his meddlesome nature
Keith Fyans

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:17 am

Autumn Rumors from Ralirynaga:

* The Vineyards yield much wine.

* Rumors of frightening Spectres wandering Ralirynaga keep the Ruk inside their homes.

* War is coming. Soon...

* The Countess Dosajee Steele has halted all correspondences and is not receiving visitors. Terrible rumors spread concerning her and the state of her Domain.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:30 am

Fall Rumors from Q'naldinir (Capital City):

* Mass Destruction of Suaven under the Capital City!

* Rali Yvarai is found guilty of inciting a band of ven into the blasphemous murder of Ancestral Suaven. He is set to be executed the first day of Winter.

* Lonor Tal's wedding will occur on the first day of Winter.

* The Senate is given evidence against Erisia Mwwr, presented by her own husband. The Senate will vote upon the issue in Winter. Erisia has recently been hideously Scarred, supposedly by her husband.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Keith Fyans » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:03 am

From behind the fans of Tir Torigh:

"Did you hear about Faldrack? You know him. Surely! Son to the Baron Slothe. That's right. Yes. Well, not that I would spread rumors, but a dear friend told me that he has has absconded with a band of rouges. Drawn from his fathers road-wardens and servants no less!

I couldn't possibally comment upon his reaction, but my friend knows a certain lady of the courts that was close to Faldrak, and she was said to have uttered, all in the stricktest confidence between us now, that Faldrak is in the Western mountains atempting to carve out his own Domain. The Senate? Well, with it being winter the only real chance of him being veiled was at the Grand Alutha of Winter. Unfortunately that was also where he was to be wed... Such a mess!"
Keith Fyans

Next

Return to In Character