Rumors

In-Character discussions and posts for Living Shanri Characters

Moderators: Snag, Nihilistic Mind

Re: Rumors

Postby Keith Fyans » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:03 am

An innuendo is circulating the courts - while everyone knows the truth, nobody ever talks directly on the subject. Lady H. will be holding a discreet yet sumptuous Althua within the "Bejewelled Heart of Manu" this Spring. A Court of Love. Two things of note:

Any who arrive need bestow only the written promise to talk truthfully upon all matters of Love.
All who attend may hide their words behind mask, veil or fan.

This will be a Rank 5 Party held in the upcoming Spring and lasting a single day. The main event is a Banquet with a discussion upon Love - I'm sure this may turn into a Debate, a Wager, a Game of Insult or a Duel depending upon what is said. It would be cool if your PC can't make it to send your Spouses. The only gift that will be required for attendance is the promise, however good form to those who bring something related to the theme (pillow-books, romantic art, etc). Oh, and rest assured anyone crude enough to be breaking hospitality by blatantly extorting people for scandal will be called before a Jury rigged to ensure it doesn't happen again.
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby Keith Fyans » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Gossip is that the Black-Eyed Count D'Mar has met privately with each of the Earls while he was last in the Capital...
Keith Fyans

Postby Kyocera Ru » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Ork Opera. I shudder to say the word. The word dies and rots like a corpse upon my lips. Ork Opera. A travesty. A spectacle. I will say no more of this, I can say no more without my food turning within me. Suffice to say that the Baron that dared such a thing, the Baron that spat on all Ven tradition with so heinous, so disgraceful a spectacle, has been dealt with. Dealt with severely. Even now his lands lay decimated and wild.

Forgive me. I cannot continue. The mere thought of it rots in my mind, and can only be expunged with blood.
Jeffrey Witthauer
Evil Narrator of Knoxville, TN

Play Blood & Tears at Dragon*Con 2011!
Kyocera Ru

Re: Rumors: Autumn of Year Four

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:56 am

• The Capital has seen much destruction as several armies from the west of Shanri have traveled to take over parts of the Capital isle and met an untimely end. It is said that these armies were lead by the generals of the Earl of the Serpent, who still resides in the Capital. With the harsh winter coming soon, the Armies and Personal Guard of the Emperor are probably not going to increase in number much at all.
  • Shanri's power is said to be growing and this Winter is rumored to be one of the harshest. Q'val from all around Shanri have seen events unfold in the dreams of their respective Suaven. They speak of the harshest exhibit of power throughout Shanri since the Sorcerer Kings destroyed themselves. The ven who believe in such prophecies have been spending much time this Autumn preparing for the harshest Winter in the History of Jaymen Steele's reign.
  • A new Opera has been released in the Imperial Opera House and has caused such controversies that many ven nobles have been said to go mad by the end of the performance, while others are said to calmly return to their homes, their hair changed completely white, all emotions apparently wiped away. Three very exclusive performances were hosted at the Imperial Opera House, but the Emperor was said to be too ill to attend. Jonan Drax' Rajan quickly shutdown the Opera entitled "Three Rivers on the Moon", said to be the cause of the madness itself. Instead, Shivon Mwrr's "No More Roses" will be performing until the Emperor commands otherwise.
  • The Rajan of Jonan Drax have been seen traveling Shanri, enforcing the Laws of the Senate, supposedly resolving disputes supported by the Law.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Keith Fyans » Sun May 02, 2010 7:42 am

Lord Sarin Hinri, surely you have heard of him? Of course that one; he is so well-kown after all. Well, he has tied his fate to the dark-eyed Count D'Mar, for all the good and ill that will bring him. What do I mean?

Well on one hand he has entered into a romance far above his station with the Metal Marquise Lien; on the other Lien's husband Nathan Yvarai has began a vicouls war of woerds and they are most deffinately sticking on the indiscreet Master of the Road.

Who do I support you ask? Well my marrige of couse! If Hinri can get away with such public flirtation then who is to say that whoever my wife keeps hidden from me may not one day do the same? No, he is a nice fellow, but in society his name is synonomous with being lasy and slothful from my understanding.
Keith Fyans

Previous

Return to In Character