Story: Aramis Trapped! (& Wagers to confirm/deny)

In-Character discussions and posts for Living Shanri Characters

Moderators: Snag, Nihilistic Mind

Story: Aramis Trapped! (& Wagers to confirm/deny)

Postby Keith Fyans » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:32 pm

Hola peeps! Due to being two players down this week, rather than start running Rafaets' Winter Party we instead decided to tackle one of the big questions in the plot of our game: what has been happening in the Capital to Aramis? He has been there since it was closed off - the setup can be seen here. Allot of what was stated bellow was made and accepted on the understanding that the MN may work with the players to change/rework/deny some of their offered Truths bellow.

Max opted to play Senvu back on Tir Torigh, trying to undertake a mission he was only vaguely aware of the full extent of, and so Olaf was left to play Aramis.

The Story of Aramis Trapped had three truths:
  • We would learn the True Name of Aramis
  • We would learn his final Aspect
  • His true intent in the capital will be established

Our play took the form of a message being sent by Aramis to Senvu. The message had three true things about it. Senvu would then state his Intent based upon the message and carry on play up to the point they wanted to send a message back. Then the same thing would happen back the other way. This carried on until the players decided it was a good place to leave things. Many truths of the story were determines, but in brief:

Aramis was given the task of posting the palimpsest by his former master, Count Kariel Ru, in his role as Spymaster to Morwen Steele. The intended outcome was to have the Sorcery cause pandemonium within the Senate when next they meet, and sew chaos throughout the capital.

Senvu smashes his way through the underworld of Tir Torigh and learns that someone known to the underworld as the Usurper is involved in a huge play for control (unknown to him this is Morwen Steele). He also learns that Count Hanza knows something is going on and has begun to try and stop any agents of the Worm, sending assassins to follow Aramis (Their activities are what caused the blood upon the palimpsest).

Aramis receives word that his life may still be in danger and so uses his prowess to find an abandoned yet defensible building to hole up in. He succeeds in finding the most defensible location, but it is occupied by the remnants of Jaymen Steele's Personal Guard (who are secretly preparing for siege). Caught by surprise Aramis is questioned about his motives in the Capital. At first he uses his cover of simply posting a notice about his Lords Party, but breaks to revealing that he was planting a sorcery in the capital, managing to lie and say it was for the 'usual' clandestine politics and unrelated to recent events. Aramis is released after he promises that he will take with him a book of coded phrases and post any troop movements in or around the capital in posters headed "In The Memory of Jaymen Steele" upon the building opposite.

Aramis sends message of what is happening to Senvu as best he can, stating the remains of the High Kings Guard are preparing for siege, that hey have enlisted his aid and that his loyalties may be compromised by this. Senvu does the only thing he can think of to save the mission. He gathers Rafæt's Secret Army (Rank 1), and leads them to the capital. His message before leaving lets Aramis know that they will signal their arrival with fire.

Aramis posts a point informing the hidden guard that friendly forces are going to approach the capital and attempts to meet with them when they approach the city. The end result is that Senvu and the "army" approaches and waits outside the city with blazing torches. Aramis tries to slip through the quarantine of the capital. The local defenders see off the 'army' and Aramis goes missing in the tussle. However this small non-skirmish becomes a super-inflated rumour that a battle happened to the north of the Capital and panic begins to spread throughout the whole of the city. The hidden guard catch wind of what they heard and, believing that friendly forces still loyal to the High King and the Senate have been attacked, are spurred into taking action...

And we left it there, on a cliff-hanger.

What are the Hidden members of the former High King's Guard planning upon doing? What has happened to Aramis? Has Senvu and the army left the area or are they camped in the Great Enemy? Or Have they got into the city some other way?

So, any of this not kosher? Remember there is Style for each fact accepted ;)
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Re: Story: Aramis Trapped! (& Wagers to confirm/deny)

Postby JohnWick » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:31 am

Everything looks good to me!
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Nice! :D
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Keith Fyans » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 pm

Why thank you! I'll be sure and pass this back to the palyers (or coax them online). Now, has anyone else want to offer any other Truths? If so then post them up here and I'll let them know. I'm not sure if the players want the NPC's to be MIA for a while or heading back to the North.

Anyone with any ideas (esp my layers if you are on) would be appriciated. After a chat I'm sure the Style can flow :D
Keith Fyans

Postby lilac_lemur » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:13 am

I'd certainly prefer them to be heading north (being down both Aramis and the captain of my guard is... limiting...). Of course, therein lies the interest (and the reason I opted not to spend the adjustment points in character cre to marry Raf off to someone)...
Sorry, I work in LaTeX, what's this Hypertext you speak of?

http://lilac-lemur.deviantart.com/
lilac_lemur

Postby Keith Fyans » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:06 am

Well, your "captain" isn't a Master Vassal as yet, so once back in his band his stats become moot until he is. That said, having him return at the point in time when you spend a season action to gain a Master Vassal, well, that is a good story to run through (and you may get the Season Action for free if the Story is particularly risky).

Aramis and Senvu need not be together - I like the idea of one sneaking into the Capital as the other snuck out - they can still communicate, but now your Army is behind enemy lines and Aramis is back at your side in time for the Party.

That said, what is it worth to you that Aramis is back? Remember, stating his return is a single truth... The state he is in is another... His menatal facilties could be one more... This is Winter, and Winter is cruel :evil:

EDIT: As of the Rafaets' Winter Party Aramis is back to Underdale. Senvu is still unmentioned...
Keith Fyans

Return to In Character