Thanks.

OOC discussions about Living Shanri, LS campaigns, characters, and concepts

Moderator: Nihilistic Mind

Thanks.

Postby Loqua » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:27 pm

My mom always told me to "appreciate what you Appreciate," so here I go.

I don't know how it is for you guys, but my character has a hard time generating conversation when it comes to the other PCs. I am a Veth and therefore I am more concerned about not hitting the social landmine of death than attempting to discuss how the wine tastes. That means that the coolness of my character stems from the other players not being jerks and interacting with me. This game has been super marvelous in that regard. I get to talk to people who I probably shouldn't be talking too and I actually get to have fun. That's not even the best part though, the best part is when you treating me like dirt actually works to my advantage. The players of this game are so good at looking at me standing next to that private conversation, realizing that I am no better than wallpaper, and continue to discuss the BIG EVIL PLAN like I am not even there. It is a testament to players dedicated to telling a story and not to have the UBAR KEWL POWERZ.

I just wanted to say thanks, everyone either had a chance to leave my veth behind or take him along and most of you have decided to take him along. It makes me want to come back and it adds so much to the development of the character. You're all aces in my book. :)
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Re: Thanks.

Postby wunderworks » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:53 pm

You're welcome! Your dirt makes the game all that more interesting and terribly exciting for all of us! :)
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:43 pm

Yes! You are dirt worth keeping under my fingernails, mixed with the skin and blood of my enemies...
And if you know my character, you'll realize that I mean it as the strictest compliment possible! :D
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:56 pm

Nihilistic Mind wrote:Yes! You are dirt worth keeping under my fingernails, mixed with the skin and blood of my enemies...
And if you know my character, you'll realize that I mean it as the strictest compliment possible! :D

The guy who loves using his sword too much? Yeah, I will just stay away from him.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Return to Out of Character