Random Thoughts

OOC discussions about Living Shanri, LS campaigns, characters, and concepts

Moderator: Nihilistic Mind

Random Thoughts

Postby Bards-Tale » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Ok, so every now and then a question comes to mind that I don't know if there is really an "official" answer to or if it is one of the many things Mr. Wick has left to our imaginations. I have my own theory on some of these things (and probably some of them have a 'right' answer that I just have not studied close enough to remember) but I figured I would throw some of them up here and see what others had to say on one/some/any/all of the random thoughts that come to my head... (might add more as they come to me) ...

1) Is there an age that Ven normally get Blooded at?
2) Can a child be to young to Blood?
3) What would happen if a child was to young and the ritual happened anyways?
4) When a Ven goes into Solace and becames a Suaven, the cocoon that forms around them, is it like a butterfly were it gets to a certain point and stops growing or does it keep on expanding, taking over what ever room they are kept, and part of Q'Val duties is to maintain and keep their Suaven neat and tidy (and thus Lost Suaven are 'Wild' in look if it be).
5) Can there be Triplets? Are they evil?
6) We know there are rules for the colors Red, Blue, Purple, Silver, Gold, Black, Grey, White, Green, Yellow, Brown and Orange (not in book, but errata states Orange is Devotion/Loyalty). We also know that the darker and more saturated the color the deeper the meaning and the lighter and unsaturated the lesser the meaning. But what about in between colors like Teal and Coral and Fuschia etc... do they have there own separate meanings or is it that if you have Teal you are trying to say "Spring and Wisdom" in one breath as oppose to two different ideas?
7) Are all metallics "Noble" colors?
8) If so, what do things like Copper, Brass, Bronze etc mean?
9) Is there a set punishment for veth wearing "Noble Colors" or is it up to whomever catches them wearing it?
10) Do Ven have distilled hard liquor drinks?
11) Do they have tea and coffee? (I'll say right now, my vote is YES!!!!!!! XD )
12) When in boarding school... I mean "academe", what is life like? Is it different per house (ie: even though you are not Blooded you mother wants you to be an Elk so she send you to an Elk school?) or is it all generic to teach all good girls and boys what it means to be Ven?
13) How are orphans handles?
14) What do you picture the Vailed houses to be and what virtues are they associated with?
15) Is it customary to be a House that one of your parents are? If so is it considered rebellious to choose something totally different?

There is more but I will start off with 15 and see where all of it goes. :D
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby alexanderthesoso » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:31 pm

10, some of the poisons and drugs sound distilled. So I'd say they have the technology. If nothing, a harsh winter gives its own methods. (ooo, ven applejack)
15. It is stated in character creation that you generally choose one of your parents house. Either the parent blooded you directly, or they arranged things to haveyou blooded in their house. It may be, a different house, could be disobeying parents. It could also be neither thought you were worthy of blooding, so something shameful.
alexanderthesoso

Postby Paint Scribe » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:41 am

1. generally thought to be around 16. but the big thing to understand is that time is fluid and convenient. One season, you can bear a child, and the next they are of blooding age. the story wins over time logistics.

2, 3, 4, 5 - Wisdom Risks.

6. Orange is Determination/Dedication to a Pursuit more than devotion or loyalty. Yellow is devotion. (which is why it transcended into madness)
darker and lighter being saturation is deeper/lessor meaning has only been established by the color blue.

Other colors do not have official meanings. wisdom risks can influence this.

7. gold and silver. no other colors have been established. (i.e. wisdom risks)

8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13. Wisdom risk. and really - what makes a good story for your character? that's it.

14. uh-uh-uh.. not for public consumption yet. the Slumming book will release two veiled houses information. the Wilderness book another. and there are a few more after that... ^_^

JWP's Layout Lady & Author of Crimson Sorrow: A podcast history of the Ven
Paint Scribe
Site Admin

Postby alexanderthesoso » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:03 pm

I really think that she wasn't looking for rules definitions. I know that a lot of stuff isnt in the book, but a BIG DEAL in the book is how much is mutable and not "definitely this way" This post seems more to me to be, what do you all out there think would be possible and would be cool for these situations? (hence its posting in out of character, and not frequently asked questions)
Of course, thats just my opinion, I could be wrong!

veiled houses, house of the Boar. Family name, Mrss (related to the mrww?) Known for violent tempers, and possessive jealous streaks. In fact, the house suaven is Pigaa Mrss, suaven of jealousy. Prowess is the prime stat for them. A romance with them, even once it ends, will cause you continual pain as they continue punishing you , even once their temper is assuaged. then again, they constantly punish you DURING the romance as well. (bad form?)
alexanderthesoso

Postby wunderworks » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Definitely Bad Form. Give me all your Bacon. ^_^

Scrofa might by a Blooded of the Boar name, and I've heard that all of the Noble Animals once had houses, but then I've heard Blooded of the Rat and Spider as well....
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby alexanderthesoso » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:55 pm

Well, I COULD have mentioned their history with the house of the Toad.

scrofa?
alexanderthesoso

Postby wunderworks » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:09 pm

alexanderthesoso wrote:Well, I COULD have mentioned their history with the house of the Toad.

scrofa?

ಠ_ಠ

~~~~~~~~~~~

Scrofa -- a possible family name for members of the House of Boar.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby alexanderthesoso » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:53 pm

yeah, caught that. Why? just sounds good?
alexanderthesoso

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Scrofa was the name our friend Luther picked for his Boar character in a special mini-campaign Jessica ran... I think that's the origin, but maybe not.
Jesse Heinig could tell you more.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Velasca » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Following the line of questions , Is it possible for a blooding to not work and if it doesn't work what happens to the one wanting ot be blooded. is more of a shame thing or is there the risk that they die if the blooding fails?
Velasca

Next

Return to Out of Character