New Play by Forum Game discussion

OOC discussions about Living Shanri, LS campaigns, characters, and concepts

Moderator: Nihilistic Mind

Re: New Play by Forum Game discussion

Postby dogmirian » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:24 pm

I don't know what i am going to do with the narcotics, but i like the connection, and YES for the almost married farce :P.
A well renowned Artist is going to be showcasing one of his most evocative works at the party we are attending, and my Lord Chayana Jalan has been rumored to have retired to a secluded autumn castle this passing year, with my Lord Alto's Wife and Sister. (my thoughts are the two woman are planning a revenge scheme but we will see :twisted:)
dogmirian

Postby PandaDad » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:07 pm

Well, technically I was throwing the near-miss betrothal question at our resident Slyth...Serpent, but there's no reason you couldn't BOTH have been temporarily almost engaged to the good-looking lunkhead. :D Which might even raise the odds of one or both of you taking his bride as a contact.

Anyhow, stage is set. Feel free to make an entrance at any time. External exposition is permitted.
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby Astelle_Mwwr » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Techincally it's Lady Chayana, and I added two things to my own truths that might be of interest. Appropriately enough one of these works PERFECTLY with what Dogmirian suggested :) Since I was meeting with Ato's sister and wife this past year instead of just the sister and since I heard that she would be at the althua, I knew I might get the chance to have a personal meeting with Ato's sister (and THIS time get a betrothal to her like I originally intended instead of her idiot brother)! Also, I am here to investigate a certain rumour that our neighbor has found something very... interesting artifact wise, and I want to know if the rumours are true! (I am not saying the rumours ARE true... for the record. I might decide to make it true later on) I will note that I don't think anyone has said whether same-sex pairings are acceptable. So you all have room to either be nice or cruel with a world truth :)
Baroness Astelle Ru "If I had made the Bargain, I would have given up my Poison... is it too late for that?"
Baroness Gwanal Yvarai
Baroness Olivama Steele
Astelle_Mwwr

Postby PandaDad » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:44 am

In regards to same-sex pairings, I will have to drag out my copy of the rules, but I do believe that given the ven attitude toward marriage (namely, it's for kids, not for love) they aren't likely to smile upon it unless someone makes a Style Point expenditure or Wisdom Risk to establish otherwise. See also the question of why you don't marry your cousin if you're ven. Same-sex romances may well be another matter entirely (as is the question of whether it can be considered adultery if it does not in fact endanger the matters of succession). :D

'Course, we're talking about ven, and they're not rules so much as guidelines! Why, a Game of Tears references a rather close sisterly relationship in a couple of the letters...

UPDATE:
So we now have it established that your hostess is a Fox.
Style point to establish that Ato's big sis sent the dress is approved.
And I should charge you a Style for declaring that Ato's sister will be present, but I rather think her presence will be interesting, so one style to Slyth...Chayana.
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby Astelle_Mwwr » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:08 pm

I have been assured it is simply a truth in other games (from the mouth of the creator) so it falls to the GM to either make the call or leave it to the players,I think :)
Baroness Astelle Ru "If I had made the Bargain, I would have given up my Poison... is it too late for that?"
Baroness Gwanal Yvarai
Baroness Olivama Steele
Astelle_Mwwr

Postby PandaDad » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:31 pm

If you're gonna leave it up to me (heh heh heh) I'm going to say "no, they don't go for same-sex marriage any more than they go for love matches. See footnote."

The footnote reads "that's what Romances are for".

And that's also going to make the resulting stories more Dramatic, Interesting, and dare I say it, Opera-worthy. It's the forbidden loves that fuel the ploy, y'know. Only a forbidden Romance is ever truly done out of Love, or so goes the thinking. Therefore, most of the really fun stuff ought to be against the official rules. :D
PandaDad

Postby dogmirian » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:31 pm

I am sorry that it took me awhile to get back to this, but exams are finally over :D
The reason I'm posting here instead of the pain thread, is it looks like the scene is on a beat for our Astelle_Mwwr.
So if you want to take the lead, go for it, otherwise in a day or two I will introduce Tzao.
dogmirian

Postby PandaDad » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:10 pm

By all means, jump in! We pause but for you and the interminable excrutiation that is part and parcel fo formal exams. :D
PandaDad

Postby PandaDad » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:30 pm

Bother.

I think we need another player! Or three.
PandaDad

Postby JRoss » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:03 am

Can Alanya Steele play?
JRoss

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character