Video Link-up

OOC discussions about Living Shanri, LS campaigns, characters, and concepts

Moderator: Nihilistic Mind

Video Link-up

Postby Keith Fyans » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:25 am

OK,
At our game last night, Max suggested that he could easily set-up the laptop and desk-top computers with web-cams, speakers and microphones so that folks from other parts of the world could, in theory and with a little notice, visit our game.

I love this idea, however before we put in the work to set it up would anyone here be able to play? We play GMT Friday, from ~6 or 7PM until ~11PM. At this stage in the campaign most folks will be focused on homeland issues, but if we start working on this now we might have it working in time!

So, any thoughts?
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Re: Video Link-up

Postby wunderworks » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:56 am

Tsanuri wrote:OK,
At our game last night, Max suggested that he could easily set-up the laptop and desk-top computers with web-cams, speakers and microphones so that folks from other parts of the world could, in theory and with a little notice, visit our game.

I love this idea, however before we put in the work to set it up would anyone here be able to play? We play GMT Friday, from ~6 or 7PM until ~11PM. At this stage in the campaign most folks will be focused on homeland issues, but if we start working on this now we might have it working in time!

So, any thoughts?

For the Arizonies here that would be about 11pm-12am Thursday/Friday until about 4 am Friday. If I am ever up then I'd drop by, but the likelihood is not great.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:41 am

I would make the effort of checking it out once or twice, I like Actual Play, and it doesn't get better than LIVE Actual Play... :mrgreen:
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Snag » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:53 am

You'd need to make allowances for distance delay, of course. I had some friends on video chat for New Years Eve and there was a good three to six second delay from the southwest of the US to the northwest. Across the pond, goodness only knows!
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby Keith Fyans » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:40 pm

They need not be there physically - the player who is setting this up (I'm useless at this sort of thing) took a point in an artifact mirror which hasn't had it's full properties defined yet... I can mick up a monitor as a prop bno bother (that *is* what I can do, being a filthy larper!)
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Return to Out of Character