Appealing for Titles higher than Barons

Rules regarding the Living Shanri sob-forums

Moderators: Snag, Nihilistic Mind

Appealing for Titles higher than Barons

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:06 am

As our Cabal is preparing to go to the Capital, for Arisaph to be officially recognized before the Emperor as a Marquis (and for his Counts to be recognized as such), we have established some facts about the process.

If your Cabal goes through the process or wishes to add details, post them here.

In addition to having the appropriate number of Provinces and lower ranking Marquis, Counts or Barons appropriate for the title the ven is appealing to, the following is also true.

Appealing for Upper Titles with the Ruling Party (Currently, the Emperor Jaymen Steele):
  • The Emperor or his Seneschal can approve the request.
  • Earls can stamp a process.
  • A tribute to the 'Patron' of the ven appealing for an upper title is customary.
  • The best tribute to bring to the ven's Patron is his enemy.

I'll illustrate the facts with Arisaph as an Example:
Arisaph has Three Counts under his Shadow, each of them with Three Provinces.
Arisaph is already under the Shadow of a Duke: Calaban Ru.
Calaban Ru's enemy is the Earl of the Elk, so Arisaph may wish to dispose of him or capture him as a tribute to Calaban, but as an Earl, he may wish to simply put pressure on him in order to get the Earl's Seal in order to make the process more likely to be approved (and very likely, change Arisaph's allegiance in the process).

Either way, if getting the title is difficult and risky, you're doing it right!
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Re: Appealing for Titles higher than Barons

Postby Keith Fyans » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:17 am

I take it by "stamp the process" you mean stop it going through, as opposed to "stamp" meaning to rubber-stamp (= approve the process)?
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby TheDragonMaster » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:28 pm

Actually, he does mean rubber stamp the process. Mind you, you still have to convince them to do so (the one rubber stamping it is the "patron" referred to further down).
TheDragonMaster

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:41 am

In this particular case, I could see Earls having the power to help the process along or prevent it from happening... They are all reaching and all powerful, right? ;)
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Return to Rules