Jonan Drax

Rules regarding the Living Shanri sob-forums

Moderators: Snag, Nihilistic Mind

Jonan Drax

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:22 pm

Since Jonan Drax is such a prominent character in Ven Litterature I thought it good to share what has been established about him for the purpose of Living Shanri Cabals using him and adding truths, etc. I am sharing the truths that pertain to him and then I am adding some flavorful things we've seen in-game.

Jonan Drax.
1. He is a tiny little man.
2. He looks as though a strong wind may blow him over.
3. He wears spectacles.
4. He is recently Blooded of the Spider.
5. He always wears Brown.
6. He is unmarried.
7. But he has a sister (and yes, Alban Yvarai has slept with her).
8. He does not abide by the ven traditions, only ven laws.
9. One of his men writes down everything he says and everything that is said (in a ciphered shorthand).
10. The Emperor put Drax in charge of the Inquisition (because he knows he is Blooded of the Spider).

We have been told that a tattoo glowed from under his sleeve cuff when he asked "Are you lying to me?" to another ven, and that ven could not lie.

We witnessed an interesting event somewhat similar to this. Lasga Steele was holding the Seal of the Emperor that Jonan Drax allowed him to inspect and would not return it, claiming the Fourth Law was protecting him. Jonan Drax said "Give that to me," and his shirt glowed from within and his will was obeyed.

I'll keep posting more if he appears in our game as well. Additionally, several of us are bugging John about telling us things for Rajan characters.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Re: Jonan Drax

Postby Keith Fyans » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:22 am

Ah, now... before your rumor, our game has been using the seven laws as if they were already known... all the time... That they exist already has been a truth in our game. I suppose we could say the Marquise is a fan of Drax and implemented his word as law.
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:16 am

Perhaps Drax is from the Northern Regions of Shanri... :)
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Keith Fyans » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:30 am

I like it, or perhaps he has something over the Nobility of Tir Torigh, or perhaps he took the Laws from the lands in the North, etc...? as ever I'll wait for my players to start laying some Truths on this one and see what they think :D

Keep us up-to-date with any other important info on Jonan Drax, and we'll do the same ;)

EDIT: I take it that he is under MN contol?
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby JohnWick » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:02 am

Tsanuri wrote:I like it, or perhaps he has something over the Nobility of Tir Torigh, or perhaps he took the Laws from the lands in the North, etc...? as ever I'll wait for my players to start laying some Truths on this one and see what they think :D

Keep us up-to-date with any other important info on Jonan Drax, and we'll do the same ;)

EDIT: I take it that he is under MN contol?

He is. But his representatives are not.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Return to Rules