[IC] Keevan Tal to Arisaph Steele at the Winter Althua

Moderators: Snag, Nihilistic Mind

[IC] Keevan Tal to Arisaph Steele at the Winter Althua

Postby TheDragonMaster » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:30 pm

As Jonan Drax continues to drone on, Keevan Tal, sprawled across his chair, turns to Arisaph Steele.

"My liege, there are a couple of details I feel we should clarify regarding my service. I would hate for there to be any... miscommunication regarding our terms."

Taking a sip from his wine he continues, while motioning the veth to bring a replacement.
TheDragonMaster

Re: [IC] Keevan Tal to Arisaph Steele at the Winter Althua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Arisaph leans in closer. "Certainly," he says. "What do you have in mind?"
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby TheDragonMaster » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:46 pm

For just a moment Keevan appears distracted by Countess Elan Yvarai, in one of her scandalously cut dresses. A keen observer however, would notice that his attention is actually on a small alcove behind her, in which a young Baron, whose face is obscured, appears to be making a last minute Blood Contract, no doubt hoping that he can establish the Contract before the Law takes effect.

The veth returns with a bottle of wine. As his glass is filled Keevan continues, "First, any lands under my control would be fully my own to rule. I would be in charge of how they are managed, and of the vassals under my domain, though my loyalty would be to you. Should you need any assistance, my forces would be as your own sword, and placed where that sword should be, at your enemies throats. Are the terms satisfactory so far?"
TheDragonMaster

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:51 pm

"So far," Arisaph says nodding. "Free trade is important to me as well as trade of various services. You offer your Sword freely and I agree to using it just as freely. What services would you deem worthy of equal trade? Do you have a Spy Network?"
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby TheDragonMaster » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:12 pm

"I do in fact have a Spy Network, and will be hiring a Spy Master this Season. I would need for you to agree to a... small caveat to our agreement. It is the principle of Three as proposed by Somara Tal in his treatise 'The Campaign of Roknor'. Are you familiar with his work? I used the principle in my earlier campaign work."
TheDragonMaster

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Arisaph smiles, intrigued, "I have not had the pleasure... Please enlighten me."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby TheDragonMaster » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:41 pm

[Three true things about Somara Tal: 1. he is the progenitor of the Tal blooding 2. He was a prolific writer 3. he wrote only a handful of truly "useful" works
Three true things about 'The Campaign at Roknor': 1. It is based on a campaign against a superior force 2. It's lessons were chosen, and explained, so as to be useful anywhere from war, to politics, to love, to life (you get the idea) 3. It is not often heard of outside of the Tals]

Keevan takes an other mouthful of wine, swishes it around in his mouth, enjoying the taste, then swallows. "It is a fascinating treatise on the campaign against the forces of Roknor, and how it's lessons can be applied to all areas of life. There are many useful lessons, but the one I use most often is that of the Principle of Three. There are many ways it can be applied, but the way to which I refer to is as follows. Out of every three provinces that are captured, the third one becomes my property outright. My current Province becomes yours, managed by me. The next one I capture will be the same. But, the one after that, the third province, becomes mine outright. The fourth and fifth are also yours, as managed by me, but the sixth is mine."

He takes a mouthful, and continues, "Should the day ever come when we part company, I take with me the third province. If I have captured 9 provinces, then three of them go with me, and the other 6 are yours. I will not act against them, nor attempt to take them with me. Is this also acceptable?"
TheDragonMaster

Postby wunderworks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:08 pm

OOC: Check out this article in the Research section of the Shanri Institute: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=338
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:17 pm

"Very interesting..." Arisaph says, leaning back in his chair and feigning to listen to Drax for a few moments. He turns to Keevan Tal again, after eying Lady Ecks and Paethira Sheeda discreetly.

Arisaph asks, "I find it most interesting that you have planned a way out of any arrangement we may make, not that I am displeased with the potential of the deal itself. I am inclined to ask you this: Is this how you obtained the information concerning troop stations and troop movement of the Earl of the Elk? Were you working for him until now?"
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby TheDragonMaster » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:33 pm

"I was a General of his, though my access did not extend to the information that I have given you. It was due to a very cunning member of my Spy Network that I obtained that, and he will be rewarded for his most excellent service. As for the planned way out, it is always best to have an exit strategy. I simply prefer mine to be known. As for the Earl, he simply thought he could get away with attempting to reneg on our deal by moving his armies into the lands that were rightfully mine. I had worked with the Generals involved on an earlier campaign. They agreed that this was an unacceptable way to run things, but were bound by their loyalty to him. I trust that you have no issues in keeping to your word, when signed in Blood?"
TheDragonMaster

Next

Return to Cabal: The Wine Dark Sea