[IC] Keevan Tal to Arisaph Steele at the Winter Althua

Moderators: Snag, Nihilistic Mind

Re: [IC] Keevan Tal to Arisaph Steele at the Winter Althua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Arisaph chuckles, "Being branded a Traitor is not yet part of my schemes... Not yet. Carry on, let us suppose that we are agreed. I will agree to this if you allow us to work together for at least five years, unless we both agree to refute our term together. Is that also acceptable?"
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby TheDragonMaster » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:11 pm

"I would agree to that. I plan to make quite a name for myself, and my liege, before leaving your service. I am willing to remain in your service for as long as your Domain continues to expand. The only other thing I would wish to add to our Contract is that we will not act against one another, neither covertly nor overtly, for the duration of the Contract. Other than that, have you any other details you'd like to add to our arrangement? If not then once the festivities have ended, we can have your scribe write up the Contract."

Keevan sets down his glass, straightens himself in his chair, and turns to fully face Arisaph to await his response.
TheDragonMaster

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 pm

Arisaph looks at Keevan Tal carefully for several long moments. Eventually, instead of answering him, he asks, "Are you a married man, Baron Tal?"
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby TheDragonMaster » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:34 am

Keevan skips a beat, as though surprised. "I am a happily single man. Why," he grins, "have you a daughter you wish to marry off? All kidding aside. As informed as you are, I'm sure you know I could only marry a Tal, though if you have someone in mind..." Here he pauses, taking a long, thoughtful drink of his wine. "As long as she was a Tal I could certainly be persuaded."

[OOC: Just to be clear, No marriage tragedy for this character. I will not deal with a story of a wife's betrayal, nor will I deal with any Romance issues (especially not in this group;-). Otherwise we should be good to go.]
TheDragonMaster

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:17 am

[OOC: that's what I was thinking too and Arisaph feels the same way. He does not wish to see Keevan distracted by things like Marriage and Romance, which largely interfere with their common interests.]

"Not at all," Arisaph says chuckling. "I only ask to approve of any ven you intend to marry before any contract is made. I am finding marriages and other such matters to be... constricting as of late. If you agree to this little clause, then let us meet in the morning, an hour before the Hunt. My scribe will have a Contract prepared by then for us to review, tweak and sign."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby TheDragonMaster » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:59 am

[OOC: Cool]

"I can certainly agree to those terms. Then I'll see you in the morning. Ah, it looks like the old fool is winding down." At this point Jonan Drax heads over to the banquet table, and begins to eat.
TheDragonMaster

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:17 pm

"Thank you again for the valuable information you've shared. It has certainly increased my chances at hindering the Earl of the Elk's advances all over Shanri." Arisaph stands up and leaves the party with Lady Ecks.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Cabal: The Wine Dark Sea