Arisaph's Letter to the Dukes

Moderators: Snag, Nihilistic Mind

Arisaph's Letter to the Dukes

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:04 pm

Scrawled in a hurried pace as Duke Arisaph Steele makes his way to Lady Zara Steele, with little to no ceremony in tone or the form of the letter.

This letter is addressed by name to the various Dukes of the Earl of the Elk and sent to each available such Duke within the Capital.

~~~~~

Dear Duke Z/Duchess X,

As you are aware, our illustrious Earl has been gravely wounded, and in his age, it seems he will likely perish from the poison his Seneschal, his Wife and his Apothecary are administering him.
Please do not interfere and attempt to stop this from happening.

You have heard the High Inquisitor Jonan Drax. There is a new world order and it would do us good not to support our foolish Earl. As you have certainly heard by now, his now-illegal armies have been requisitioned and it is time for him to fall, and for a new face to appear.

When the Earl passes into death or Solace, whichever one he should choose, I will claim his title of Earl, and you will support me in this. In exchange, I will promise you two things. Jonan Drax shall not requisition any Army, Library or Artifact from within your lands. Furthermore, I will demand no tribute be paid to me for ten years, giving you ample time to build the advantages necessary to respond to the menace of the Southern Wolves.

If my plans are correct, and by now you should know that they are, the wolves will be occupied by the Serpent and the new order that will fill from the hole left open by Calaban Ru's death. Let them be at war and waste their illegal armies against each other.

Armies and Sorcerous Rituals being illegal, you must realize those that Jonan Drax, and the Emperor continues to support are the Elk. Let us use our enemies' greatest folly against them.

Support me, and be free of tax and tribute for ten years. Time enough for the Emperor to pass into Solace. Time enough for us to support another Steele Emperor when the opportunity presents itself.

Duke Arisaph Steele
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Re: Arisaph's Letter to the Dukes

Postby NecrofellyaUp » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:49 pm

do you send this letter to any of the dukes out side of the capital city?
There are few moment between Chaos and Catastrophe might as well drink champagne while i wait.
NecrofellyaUp

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:06 am

Most certainly.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby NecrofellyaUp » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:34 am

ill offer you a style point to say I can intercept a few of these and change the wording a bit. or are we going to add it to the roll index we are creating?
There are few moment between Chaos and Catastrophe might as well drink champagne while i wait.
NecrofellyaUp

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:37 am

Let's roll for it tonight really quickly so bring your character sheet over. :D
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Return to Cabal: The Wine Dark Sea