A meeting at the Solace of Steiner Dagul

Moderators: Snag, Nihilistic Mind

Re: A meeting at the Solace of Steiner Dagul

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sun May 31, 2009 1:58 pm

"Bah, I do not care who it is she marries so long as they produce an heir... Baroness Vriyana's grandmother, you must have heard of her, I'm sure, is very intent upon the young lady 'finding her place' in a proper marriage and the continuation of her legacy," Arisaph explains.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby JohnWick » Sun May 31, 2009 2:01 pm

"Yes, but what do you gain from it?"

Alban waits, danging his wine glass from his fingertips.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sun May 31, 2009 2:04 pm

JohnWick wrote:"Yes, but what do you gain from it?"

Alban waits, danging his wine glass from his fingertips.

Arisaph shrugs, "I'm not sure yet, but as an interested party I have already become involved. But let's say two Provinces, ripe for the taking I might add, hang in the balance..."
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby JohnWick » Sun May 31, 2009 2:06 pm

"Aleseph, you disappoint me. Performing for a woman without any direct recompense."

He pauses, looks at the glass of wine. Looks out the window.

"Two provinces?"

Another pause.

"How many of those regions will be mine if I help you?"
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sun May 31, 2009 2:08 pm

"That depends on how quickly you can accomplish that task... Let's say four, including a City. I have yet to get a response from the girl's grandmother, but I suspect she will be as generous on this matter as she has been ruthless in the past. Her obsession for her granddaughter seems boundless."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby JohnWick » Sun May 31, 2009 2:11 pm

He nods. "We have done this before," he says, rising to shake his friend's hand. "I will teach her Romance, and at the end of the lesson, when I am done with her, her pain and sorrow will rush her into the arms of any man you choose."
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sun May 31, 2009 2:15 pm

Arisaph shakes Alban's hand and holding it there for a moment, "How much time do I have to find her a suitable match? End of Summer?"
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby JohnWick » Sun May 31, 2009 2:23 pm

"Send me a map of the Provinces. I'll choose which are mine."

He looks down at her chair, where she sat just a moment ago. There, in the back of the chair, stuck between cusions, is a feather, left behind by the lady's quick departure. He lifts it and places it inside his jerkin.

Then, he smiles at Arisaph. "You never know."
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sun May 31, 2009 2:35 pm

Arisaph nods, knowingly, then leaves the room before Vriyana returns, leaving his empty cup of wine behind.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Cabal: The Wine Dark Sea