A letter to Duke Calaban Ru

Moderators: Snag, Nihilistic Mind

A letter to Duke Calaban Ru

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Dear Calaban,

I hope you found your Spymaster's reaction as amusing as my Spymistress and I did. I will continue to amuse all of us thusly, if you do not object to it fully.

I trust you are aware of the deal I have made with Ithilmar Rusu and Desiree Sinjin about the poor Baroness Vriyana Sinjin. Unfortunately, my knowledge of the Rusu has expanded greatly as of late. I have become aware of his legendary means of transportation throughout Shanri and though I don't assume it is unknown to you, I wanted to share the bit of knowledge, should you wish to help me get rid of Ithilmar Rusu once and for all.

Additionally, I hope that you will be joining me at Sarnath to celebrate the wedding. I hope you will be able to enlighten me about many of the Province's histories.

I await your most immediate response regarding Rusu, due to time constraints here in Ashkelmar.

Faithfully yours,

Arisaph Steele, Count of Artemia
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Re: A letter to Duke Calaban Ru

Postby wunderworks » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:32 pm

A response arrives within a bird messenger tube, fifteen hours after you sent it. Written in a quick hand it reads:

I have anticipated your invitation and will arrive soon with your particular friend, Vasudeva, in tow. My ship even now passes over the far reaches of Iblis Isle and your neighbors' lands. The extent of Rusu's connections were not unknown to me, but their nature, while new information, is not unsurprising. As for his means of transportation, I am aware of this method and caution you against direct interaction with it before you can be fully appraised of its details. As they say, Within the details hide the Kings of Old. We understand each other's nature, and thus I say, "Be your namesake."

I shall arrive at Sarnash shortly,

C.R.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:54 pm

Calaban,

Thank you again for your help. We have dealt with Ithilmar Ru once and for all, though many of his co-conspirators escaped using the strange Sorcery.

Possessing the knowledge and making use of such Sorcery would be an incredible Asset for us. Moving large armies throughout Shanri would be child's play.

Additionally, I have been warned against the dagger, though I don't suspect I will take heed. I now wonder why you thought it important for me to hold onto it at all. I can think of many more people more capable than me with a dagger, lest I planned for the right circumstances.

I have to admit that while fondling the hilt and testing the blade's efficiency, I did think of one person in particular that would make a decent sheath for it... But I will keep that name secret for now, for your amusement, my Altrex.

I trust I will claim the title of Marquis soon, so that when the Senate opens again, I will be petitioning for this title myself. In the meantime, I am my namesake and should you need anything that entails, you should simply ask.

I am traveling to the North, to acquire a new Baron and possibly gift him with an additional Province. The Marriage Contract for the Countess Desiree Sinjin's granddaughter is being finalized and I hope to find the husband willing to associate with me in the South, while his lands in the North are transferred.

Yours to command, as always,

Arisaph
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:48 pm

Dear Calaban,

Would you please enlighten me as to the purpose of the man at the top of the tower? What strange fantasy will befall us should the bell ring? As intriguing as I find Sarnath, these mysteries remain and surround us completely.

I trust you know much more on the subject than I.

By the way, I find myself in need of a bride. Would you oblige your humble Vassal and find me a suitable Blooded woman for a Marquis of my thorough Ambition?

In advance, I thank you as thoroughly as I serve you.

Faithfully,

Marquis Arisaph Steele.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Return to Cabal: The Wine Dark Sea